Question

Allow multiple votes to only some attendees

• 30 March 2022
  • 9 replies

I have the following use case. Many attendees are partecipating in a slido poll. I want to prevent not invited users to vote AND and need to grant multiple votes (2 or 3) to only some users whereas "standard" users should only have 1 vote granted. Is it possible?

9 replies

Badge

Hi @Maurizio Maggiora.

We have a number of ways to secure your event and with your use case, I would also get participants’ names/emails.  That way, in the export of Poll results per user, you can identify those whose votes should be weighed more.  We’ve had other customers with the same use case, and they simply multiplied those votes in the spreadsheet.

You’ll just want to ask the participants not to vote anonymously. 

Hope that was helpful. :)

Hi @Maurizio Maggiora.

We have a number of ways to secure your event and with your use case, I would also get participants’ names/emails.  That way, in the export of Poll results per user, you can identify those whose votes should be weighed more.  We’ve had other customers with the same use case, and they simply multiplied those votes in the spreadsheet.

You’ll just want to ask the participants not to vote anonymously. 

Hope that was helpful. :)

I Jen,

unfrotunately this is not my use case since I need users stay anonymous.

Badge

Hi, @Maurizio Maggiora.

Thank you for the clarification.

A good option might be to use Multiple rooms.  You would direct some participants into a second and maybe a third room.  By default, when participants send their responses, they will see Anonymous selected.  Then, when you export Poll results per user from those rooms, you can multiply their votes as mentioned above. 

You can still secure your event by instead requiring a passcode of your choosing. 

Hi Jen,

this is a nice option as well, but It’s not simply a matter of doubling a vote since one user should be able to vote twice giving different answers :-)

We managed it using different email addresses for those who need 2 or 3 votes. The best would be to add an option so that, when requiring an email address to enter the poll, each email could be set to enter the poll once or more times, every time receiving a different working access code.

Badge

Ah, I see.

I wish I had a good workaround for you.  But we always appreciate this kind of feedback.

Is multi-voting allowed in Slido? E.g., can I give everyone 7 votes and they can allocate among a list of priorities? One person may give 3 votes to a single item and then distribute their other 4 votes to individual items or one person may allocate all 7 votes to a single item and not vote on anything else. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @bmuench,

No, this is not possible in Slido at the moment but it sounds like a ranking poll might work in your use case.

Hope this helps for now :)

Hi,

If you weight the votes differently so that specific voters get 2-3 votes, how do you add this into the analytics so that this is reflected in the poll results?

Badge

Hey @Sadfry ,

Slido currently do not offer an option for weighed voting.

Possible solution might be to get the export from your event as an excel file, and adjust it accordingly to your needs.

Hope this helps!