Question

Background Music for Quizzes

Hi Team - Any way or in roadmap to add background music to Slido during Quizzes or polls? Other audience engagement tools provides some sort of background music always.

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Basant,

This is something that we’re definitely looking into! 🎶

Will let you know once we have a more concrete timeline in place.

Hi Alex 

Slido is all good for me except this. Looking forward to more updates from you! 

Thank you.

Ann 

Hi team, 

We are wondering if we can put a short YouTube video into Sli.do for creating quizzes about Christmas? 

If we can, how can we do it? 

And we want to make participants arrange songs in order from the oldest songs into the newest. Can we do it in Sli.do?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Linh,

In general, it’s not possible to add music to our quizzes. However, it is definitely on our Product Team’s radar! 

There are some workarounds though - 

If I understand your question correctly, you’d like to add a video as part of a question in a quiz?

If so, I’d actually recommend using one of our integrations to run the quiz - Google Slides or PowerPoint. That way, you can play the video on one of the slides and have the Slido quiz question on the next slide without having to add videos into Slido. 

For your second question, it’s only possible to add text as options to our ranking poll. This means that you can add the name of the song and the artist, for example, but it won’t actually play the song. Again, if using Google Slides or PowerPoint, you’re able to add audio files to any slide so you can add music to your Slido quiz in that way, or simply play music from your computer.

Here’s a more detailed article about our Google Slides integration 👇

And here’s an article about our PowerPoint integration 👇

Please let me know if this setup could work for you or if you need any help setting up! 😊

Hi team, 

Thank you for your reply. I have another question: 

We are creating quizzes in Sli.do as the picture below. And there are some questions that we want to put music as a part of a question and some ranking questions. In that case, is it possible that we put the ranking questions into the list of our quizzes, and how about the questions with music? 

As what I understand, the questions with music need to put in another Google Slides. Can we collaborate 3 different kind of questions: quizzes, music questions and ranking questions in 1 session or is there any solution we can choose? 

Thankyou so much!

Hello, 

I will use Slido in PPT to run a quiz.  But it show only question pages.  Can we set it to show choice pages too?  

Thanks you, 

Ming

Hi @Linh

Yes, you can have all quizzes, ranking questions and music questions in one session. 🎉

However, they can’t be part of the same quiz. Meaning, you can have as many quizzes as you want, but ranking poll is not an option within the quiz feature. 

If you would like to run the quiz, some ranking questions and other music questions, that’s totally fine. They can all be put in the same Google Slides presentation as well.

If you prepare you interaction points in advance, then all you need to do is add Slido to your Google Slides deck and then select where you would like to add the interaction points. 

You can also do that on the go, so if at any point you would like to add an additional quiz question or ranking poll you can also do that within the Slido side bar in Google Slides. 

Hope I managed to cover your doubts! If you have any additional questions or concerns, let me know. I’m happy to help! 

Hello Ming!

Oh, do you mind sharing where do you only see the question page? Is it in the participant view?

If you haven’t checked- please go to your settings ( Settings>Features>Live Polls) to make sure the Live Polls are turned on. 

If they are on, and you don’t see the poll in the participant view, it might not be active. All you need to do is press the green play button right next to it to activate it. 

Were you able to find it? If this was not the case, let me know and I’m happy to troubleshoot your situation. 

Hi Alex,

Any update on this? After using Slido for the first time last week after switching from another platform, this functionality is really missing

Rgs

Neil

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Neil B,

Still no update :(

We will make sure to update this thread when there’s any news.

Let me know if we can help with anything else!

Hi team

I have attempted to add music to my PPT slides as a workaround however Slido doesn't seem to like it. When I do it one of a few things happens:

1. It works when we are trialling it and then stops working as soon as we have to present.

2. The music works, but then it doesn't allow anyone to vote. This is the most common one. 

3. It just doesn't work at all, the quiz works, but it won't play the music.

4. It works fine but then won't show the leaders board. 

5. Once so far it has worked fine. 

Can you please help, I don't mind using the workaround but there is a compatibility issue or bug that is stopping it from working consistently. 

Thank you 

Look forward to your reply and support. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Daryl

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with the workaround. 

In this instance, so we can look into a solution together, I would recommend contacting our amazing customer care team by emailing support@slido.com or by going into live chat through your slido admin. They are available 24/5 and will be more than happy to assist you here! 😊

Lets keep this thread alive! We definitely need this feature!!!

Actually we should call this an option, not really a feature! The competition already has this (without workarounds) for a long time...

Sometimes the silence is awkwardly overwhelming in a situation that should be fun.

Any news on this Slido Team?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Daniel Yamashita ,

Instead of having distracting music or a timer, Typing Indicator enables you to hold inclusive sessions by giving your participants enough time to express their thoughts and letting you know exactly when to move on, thereby making your meetings more time-effective.

To read more about why we wont be adding Music as a feature option please check out our blog post.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,