Question

What happens if the passcode is entered wrong by many participants from same IP?

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

We are hosting a corporate event, the participants log in through their Proxy and many users, if not all, can be seen login from the same IP. What happens if many participants enter the wrong passcode? Will it be perceived as one user trying to guess the passcode and then the IP address being banned for a while?

I am asking, because, this happened to us in the past with vimeo password and I want to avoid the same problem with the slido passcode.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @jpe-ch ,

Just to clarify, you are using Participant SSO for your event and you’re wondering what happens if multiple participants type in the incorrect passcode for the specific event?

If this is the case, there shouldn’t be an option for them to input a passcode. From the Event Settings, when you choose SSO for participants it will remove the passcode option. 

Let us know if this helps answer your question.

Best,

No only passcode, but in between, since I needed a quick response, I did ask the slido support team directly and here is their answer if anyone wonder as well:

“our product team has confirmed that there is indeed no limitation and no users will be block should the code be entered incorrectly by your participants, even if they share the same IP.”

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @jpe-ch ,

Oh great to hear! Glad they were able to provide clarity on this :)

Best,