Solved

Why is my past event still showing up as active?

• 4 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’ve searched and haven’t found the answer yet, so I thought I’d ask for help. I don’t understand exactly how to deactivate polls because I’ve tried 2 ways, and I still have an event showing up in my active and upcoming events list that should be over and deactivated.

The first way I tried was by setting the start and end dates when I set up the event. The event end date was yesterday. But the event still shows up as active. (I don’t think it’s a time zone thing because it’s 11 AM EST, and it should have ended yesterday in some nearby time zone.) The second way I tried was by going into Present mode and manually deactivating each component poll by pressing the “stop” button and also the “lock voting” button.

What am I missing? This is the second time in recent weeks where an event is still showing up as active after it was supposed to be over according to the end date.

I see the instructions for how to deactivate a poll on Webex, but I’m just using Slido with my laptop, no Webex. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 11 April 2022, 13:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ChristineP,

Events still show up in the active and upcoming list 24 hours after the end date. 

Event dates basically restrict when participants can join the event using the event code. To account for timezones, participants can still join the event 24h after the end date and the event will show up as active in your admin. When 24 hours have passed, the event should show up as a past event in your admin.

If you want to prevent participants from submitting votes or sending questions during these 24 hours, make sure you have disabled all active features or closed the Q&A and deactivated polls.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.