Brainstorm and collect ideas in Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ideas allow you to collect ideas from your colleagues or clients in meetings or brainstorming sessions. Participants can upvote the ideas submitted by others and the most voted ones get to the top. This allows you to prioritize and capture those that resonate with your audience the most. 

Watch our video tutorial or continue to the written tutorial below: 

In this article:

Ideas are currently in Beta, which means this functionality is still under development. Currently, Ideas are not supported in our Webex Meetings integration, PowerPoint integration and Google Slides integration. 

Turn on Ideas in Settings

Our Ideas feature is not turned on by default and has to be enabled in Settings:

1. Open Settings and select Features
  2. Enable Ideas
  3. Choose whether you also wish to enable Downvotes and Replies.

Create an Idea topic

Afterwards, click on Create a topic.

file.php?view=Y&file=stl3z2a0e13db7rwxoavdvkgo1m40ikh.gif

Collect ideas

Once you have your Idea topic ready, you can activate it and start collecting inputs from your audience.

file.php?view=Y&file=pg3u6s97h2trezu3fhicdt14yiw2xgu2.gif

Once your session is over, you can export your Ideas. If you're using Ideas Replies, they're not supported in Exports.

How to use Ideas at your meetings and events

Crowdsource your meeting agenda
To keep your meetings effective, you can crowdsource your agenda before the meeting starts. It allows you to focus on the key areas and on what your team currently needs.

Brainstorm new ideas at your workshop
When solving a case study at your company training or workshop, you can brainstorm their ideas in order to find a solution for the presented problem. It helps you involve the whole group and collect more ideas in a short period of time.

Collect team’s challenges
At your team meeting, you can collect the most burning issues or roadblocks your team is currently facing. Once you’ve captured all issues in one place, you can start working on solutions with your colleagues and keep track of the progress.

Gather team’s highlights or learnings
To celebrate your team’s successes, you can crowdsource the highlights or learnings at your team meetings and display them live on screen. It allows you to go through the most important events of the month or week.

Curious about learning more?

15 replies

Is the feature “Ideas/Beta” available to use. I’m unclear of the status based on the word beta. Can you elaborate why beta is mentioned?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, @Karry Murano

Sorry that we did not make it clear. 

“Beta” means that the feature is still in development, but it is available when turned on in Settings. Having said that, please note that Ideas are not supported when using Slido in Webex Meetings. 

Hope that makes sense. ​​​​​​

Yes it does and thank you for your response.

How do you present the top results on screen? I’m trying to do it in Google Slides but cannot add an ‘Ideas’ slide. Whenever I go to ‘Present’ mode in the app on an Idea, it just defaults to the Joining Instructions

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Nick B

Sorry for the bad news here. Ideas are not supported in Google Slides. The workaround is using the Switcher to display the results for Ideas in Present mode and then switch back to your slides once done. However, I do understand it might not be that smooth and what you were looking for. 

Please let me know if I can help further in any way. Happy to do so! 

In the meantime, I’ll make sure we add the information about Ideas not being supported in our integrations into this article, too. 

Best, 

Dáša

Hi, @Nick B

Sorry for the bad news here. Ideas are not supported in Google Slides. The workaround is using the Switcher to display the results for Ideas in Present mode and then switch back to your slides once done. However, I do understand it might not be that smooth and what you were looking for. 

Please let me know if I can help further in any way. Happy to do so! 

In the meantime, I’ll make sure we add the information about Ideas not being supported in our integrations into this article, too. 

Best, 

Dáša

Thanks Dáša. After I posted I saw the note about it working in Google Slides so switched to PowerPoint, but I still couldn’t get it to work. I can’t seem to ‘insert’ an Ideas slide into PowerPoint, so when I’m presenting I can never get Slido to go to a visualisation of the Ideas.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Dáša. After I posted I saw the note about it working in Google Slides so switched to PowerPoint, but I still couldn’t get it to work. I can’t seem to ‘insert’ an Ideas slide into PowerPoint, so when I’m presenting I can never get Slido to go to a visualisation of the Ideas.

Hi @Nick B

Unfortunately, none of the our integrations with presentation software supports Ideas at the moment. I’m sorry we did not make it clearer in the article.

I’m afraid the only way to use Ideas would be switching from your slides to Slido Present mode via Switcher or tab switch while presenting.  

I’m sorry I don’t have a better news for you. Happy to help if you have any outstanding questions. 

Hi,

I’m interested in activating multiple idea topics at the same time for a project - is this possible?

Best,

Rebecca

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Rebecca B,

No, at the moment, you can’t activate multiple idea topics at the same time. However, instead, you could create a survey with open text polls and gather ideas that way.

Hope this helps! 🙂 Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello. 

Is it possible to moderate ideas before they get published ? 

Thanks

Ian 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Tearfund ,

There isnt an option to Moderate Ideas at this time but we will submit it as a feature request!

Could you share you’re Use Case so we can understand how to help find a workaround?

Best,

Thanks Carly. Given that it allows anonymity, I think the ability to moderate is quite important. 

I can share the use case in a DM if that is an option

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Tearfund ,

You could write it in to support@slido.com and we can try to find a workaround for your use case if youd like!

Let us know it this helps!

Best,

Hi Team,

Any idea when this will be introduced to work in PPT and the other 3rd party integrations?

Kind regards,

Badge

Hello @Question1234,

Thank you for your question.

There is currently no ETA when it comes to Ideas coming to integrations.

If there would be any change on this subject, we will post accordingly in this article.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly,