With Audience Q&A, attendees can use their devices or computers to send their questions into Slido. They’re also able to upvote questions submitted by other participants.
It's a simple and effective way to crowdsource the most popular topics. You’ll easily see what people are genuinely the most interested in.
In this article:
Ask your audience to join your event and submit questions
Once you create an event, invite your audience to join it. People can join your event by using the #event code, direct link, or QR code.
The most common way to join is for people to go to slido.com and enter the #eventcode of your event.
Make sure the event dates you set up match the actual date because your participants can only use the event code during those days
Besides the event code, you can invite people by sharing a direct link to the event. To get this link, click on the Share menu in the top right corner and select Share link with participants. The direct link is then copied to your clipboard so you can paste it wherever you need to.
Lastly, you can download a QR code for your event to share with participants. Under the same Share menu in the top right corner, you’ll see the option to Download QR code. This downloads a QR code to your desktop that when shared and scanned, will bring people directly to your event.
Your event’s direct link and QR code are not bound by event dates. This allows you to collect questions before the live dates in order to learn what’s most relevant to your audience.
Once someone joins the event, they can start submitting and upvoting questions immediately. The Q&A is unlimited and so participants will be able to submit as many questions as they wish.
By default, they’ll have the option to submit anonymously or with their name
Manage audience questions
Managing questions is easily done directly from your admin page. Below are the three most important actions when doing so:
- Highlight the question that’s being answered so that it gets more attention.
- Mark the question as answered once you don’t want to display it anymore. You can then view those questions in the Archive folder.
- Change the order of the questions. By default, the questions will be sorted by their popularity, but you can change this to have the most recent questions at the top.
And here’s how a highlighted question appears for your audience:
With some paid plans, you can also moderate your Q&A. This allows you to review every question before it goes live for everyone.
Topics for Q&A
Our topics feature allows your participants to navigate and filter questions in a more structured way during a Q&A session. Topics are visible in participant mode only and they’re automatically generated if and when the below criteria are met:
- A topic must first be identified by the system using common words or phrases within at least 3 questions, and then…
- There must be at least 20 questions, or…
- At least 3 topics generated, regardless of the number of questions
Here’s what it looks like for participants:
A few things to keep in mind for Q&A topics:
- Topics are generated using only live questions – archived questions won’t be included
- Questions need to be in English
- Slido generates Q&A Topics using its own machine learning model. During this process, the data does not leave our infrastructure and is not exposed to any third parties.
Curious about more?