Activate a poll or a survey

• 24 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Once you create a poll or survey, you can let your attendees cast their votes by activating it.

You can also control polls directly from Present mode.

In this article:

Activate a poll

Activating a poll also displays it on the presentation screen and participants’ devices, along with the results.

1. Go to Live Polls
  2. Hover over your poll
  3. Click the play button

Activate a survey

Activating a survey automatically displays it for attendees to fill out. If you wish to show the results, you can only do so individually by clicking on the monitor icon next to each question.

1. Go to Live Polls
  2. Hover over your survey
  3. Click the play button
  4. Click on the monitor icon to show the results of a specific question in Present mode and on participant devices

Curious about more?

7 replies

Is there an option to keep polls activated for a couple of days?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Servion,

Of course, if you just keep your poll active in your admin - it won’t deactivate until you do it. Your participants will be able to access it for as long as your event is active.

If you’d like to leave multiple polls active at the same time though, you’ll need to put them all together into a survey, and leave the survey activated. This way, your participants will answer one poll after another and then submit their answers.

Please let me know if my explanation makes sense or if you need more help 😊

Is it possible to reactivate a survey once you have stopped it?

Hi, 

I have a follow-on query to this. We have purchased a one-time Sildo event to use at a conference. If we setup a post-event survey with Slido will it only work until the scheduled end of the event? I would like the survey to remain open for a week.

George

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @volvic and @JBA_George

Sure, You can select the survey in your admin through the event and select reactivate from the hamburger menu on the left or simply the green launch button. You just need to ensure that this event is still active. 

As for a one time event, your survey will run up until the end of the 7 days, providing it’s active. If you did want to leave it up a little longer, you can alternatively share a permanent link to your survey which is designed to collect feedback once your meeting is over 🙂.

Let me know if this helps! 

Hi. I am using Slido during a conference, with a separate room for each session to keep Q&As organised. Can I set up a feedback survey/poll to cover the entire conference, not having it reproduced room by room? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Simon Gatt ,

I would suggest for the Feedback Survey of ALL sessions/participants to create either a separate room just for the survey and you can share the direct link to the survey with the participants to gather overall responses in one place.

Let us know if this would work or if you have any other questions!

Best,