Solved

Embed a poll into the conversation body of a Teams Channel

• 17 March 2022
  • 2 replies

We want to run a weekly poll to check in with our team members. The poll would be presented to the team in a Teams channel. In order for them to see the poll more easily, we would like to embed in as a new conversation.  We are concerned that if it is hidden away on the tab they won’t remember to look for it.

These polls would not be part of a meeting, but rather a Friday afternoon message in Teams. Is it possible to make it part of the conversation?

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 21 March 2022, 11:54

View original

2 replies

Thank you for such a detailed response.  Our concern is that these extra steps would be a barrier to team members responding.  We will discuss this option.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ReneeH,

At the moment, embedding a Slido poll into a conversation on MS Teams is not possible, but you could manually notify participants in the channel or you could embed a direct link.

After you’ve added Slido to your channel, you could manually send a message to the channel whenever you’ve activated a poll, reminding participants to answer the poll. Alternatively, you could get a direct link for your poll and post this to the channel every week. This link will take your participants directly to the poll, but it will open in a browser and not MS Teams.

I can totally see how it would be useful to embed a poll into a conversation, so I’m passing this on :)

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions 🙏