Sometimes you need to share your Slido meeting with multiple people and Spaces make this easier than ever. When you add members to a space, they can access, duplicate and edit all events in that space. Use this tutorial to set up a space and collaborate on recurring events with your team.
You can learn more about Spaces in this short video:
In this article:
Create a space
Get started with creating your space:
- Click on Create space
- Give your space a name and a description
- Select Add members
- Select the members you want to add to the space
Before you add members, keep in mind that all members can access, duplicate and edit all events in a space.
Add your Slido to a space
If you’ve already created a meeting that you’d like to add to a space, simply:
- Open your Slido
- Click on Settings
- Select Share access and choose the space to which you want to add your Slido
Manage space members
When teams change, you might need to adjust who has access to a space. To remove a member from a space:
- Open the space from which you want to remove a member
- Click on the member’s initials
- Select Remove from space
Removed members will receive an email notification and lose access to the space.
Delete a space
If you don’t need a space anymore, you can delete it:
- Open the space you want to delete
- Click on the three dots next to the space name
- Select Delete space
- Select Yes, delete space to confirm
When you delete a space, all members lose access to shared events except for events they created or were added to as individual collaborators.
Keep in mind that only the creator of the space can delete it.
- Can I invite users outside of my organization?
- Yes, but you need to have either a Webex license or an approved domain claim with the “auto approval” option set up. In addition to this, guests cannot invite new users to a space and additional domain restrictions are applied for any new user invitation.
- Can I duplicate events in a space?
- Yes, any member in a space can duplicate any event that lives under the same space.
- Can I have separate invoices for members in different spaces?
- Split invoices are not supported yet.
- What’s the difference between Guest collaborators and Spaces?
Guests have a limited ability to collaborate on events as they can’t access event settings or collaborate on more than one active event at the same time. In Spaces, all members of a space automatically get full access to all events within that space. You don’t have to invite people manually into specific events, which makes collaborating on recurring events much easier.
Can I be a member of multiple spaces at the same time?
Yes, absolutely! You can collaborate with your colleagues in as many different Spaces as you need. You can also create Spaces that are not shared with anyone and are only used to organize your events better.
Does a space need to be created by an administrator in my license?
No, anyone with a paid user seat in your license can create a space.
Can two people work on/run the same event at the same time?
If two people are editing at the same time, changes of the person who saved it last will be applied.
- Is there any limit to the number of spaces I can create or members and events I can add to one?
- Any user can create as many spaces, invite as many members & create as many events in a space as they like (within reason 🙂)
- How does the collaboration work without Spaces? Can users access other users’ events?
- Without Spaces, users can only add guest collaborators to each event manually. There is no ability to share “in bulk” or copy entire groups of users to have access to certain events. To learn more, check out our article on guest collaborators below.
- What happens when the creator of a space leaves the company and no longer has access to Slido?
- The space will remain in your account and everyone else in it will be able to use it as they would normally.
Curious about more?