Reuse your Google Slides presentation with Slido

• 10 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you want to use the same Google Slides presentation with Slido for multiple audiences, you have several options.

Whether you want to clear polling and Q&A after a presentation, compare polling data between different audiences, or add a new slido to the same presentation, we’ve got you covered.

In this article:

Reset your slido in Google Slides

After testing your presentation with Slido, you might want to clear the testing data to get ready for the actual meeting or event.

To reset your slido:

1. Click on the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Select Reset interactions and confirm
Reset interactions in Google Slides

This will clear all poll responses and archive the Q&A at once. To save the data, export the results before resetting.

Duplicate a slido in Google Slides

If you’re looking to reuse your presentation with the same set of polls without losing the previous results, we recommend duplicating your slido. This can help you to compare results from recurring sessions such as all hands meetings or monthly pulse surveys.

To duplicate your slido:

1. Click on the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Select Duplicate Slido and confirm

Duplicate your slido

Once the action is confirmed, a brand new slido is automatically created and added to your presentation. You’ll see the same polls and poll slides, but they won’t have any results. The new slido will have a new slido code and dates, and you can use it right away.

The duplicated slido will be active for 7 days, starting from the date of duplication.

Switch to a different slido in Google Slides

You can also reuse your Google Slides presentation with a different slido. Whether you want to link an already existing one or create a new one, you can do so using the Recent Slidos option.

This is especially useful for trainers or event hosts who want to reuse a single presentation with multiple audiences – but use different polls each time. 

To switch to a different slido:

1. Click on the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Select Recent Slidos
  3. Choose the slido you want to use or create a new one, then confirm your choice

Switch to a different slido

Duplicate your presentation

In Google Slides, duplicating your presentation will duplicate all of your Slido interaction slides under a new slido with zero data. When you open the Slido sidebar, you’ll be asked to confirm the duplication – then a new slido code will be added automatically. 

For instance, if you’re delivering training for three different audiences during the day, duplicating the presentation can save time and keep the data separate for each group. 

Duplicate your entire presentation along with Slido

It is currently not possible to unlink a slido from a Google Slides presentation, but you can reuse the slido or add a new one to your presentation.

Curious about more?

4 replies

Thank you for this. I am creating a Google Slides presentation that will use one slido (3 word clouds) and be used to deliver a training every week. Can I confirm that If i instruct my trainers to EITHER reset the interactions in the add-on toolbar menu in google slides OR simply make a copy of the presentation, the old answers from previous participants will automatically delete, and the slido will remain open? Is there an advantage to one or the other? At the moment the timing in the slido I have set up suggests that this will expire after a week at the latest...

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Bryony,

That’s a great question! The answer depends on whether your presenters are part of your Slido organisation.

If your presenters are users in your Slido organization, they can duplicate the presentation and the slido will duplicate as well. This will basically create a new blank slido with the same polls.

However, if they are not part of your Slido organization, then they will need to reset the polls after each session. This is because external co-hosts are not able to duplicate slidos. So even if they make a copy of the presentation, the Slido slides will not work. If your trainings are delivered at the same time and multiple people need access to the presentation at the same time, then I would suggest that you create a presentation and a separate slido for each training session.

Hope this helps 🙂 Let me know if you have any questions!

I’m wondering if I understand the way you’ve architected Slido. 

If I’m delivering a deck with integrated Slido polls as part of a roadshow in 10 cities and want to keep the poll results separate for each city, it appears as if I need to have 10 separate presentations with the Slido integrations? 

Your current design allows you create new slidos with polls, but that only works if the polls are at the begging of a deck or at the end of a deck. If the polls are used throughout the story, it requires someone to re-insert the polls into the right place every time they re-deliver the presentation in a new city. Of course, you could copy the results from one city, and then reset the poll for the next city. The reason that might not work so well is if you have presenters, who own a presentation for a city, practicing with a deck and polls.

My choice appear to be

(1) Create 10 separate decks with polls for each city. Allow each presenter to manage their deck and practice with it.

(2) Use 1 deck and add slido polls at beginning or end of deck - relying on presenters to remember to do this. Presenters can practice use a separate deck.

(3) Use 1 deck and collect analytics after each event and reset polls before next event. Presenters can practice use a separate deck.

Am I understanding the current design correctly?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Back_that_SaaS_Up ,

Currently these are the options you would have with the direct Google Slides or PPT integrations.

What you could do as a workaround for option 2:

• Create 1 Google Slides deck to be used by all presenters
  • Create 1 slido with 10 Rooms, each to their respective city/presenter

Let us know if this would work, or if you have any other questions!

Best,