Question

Is there a way to run the questions of a Quiz in a Random way?

• 20 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi Experts

I have the following doubts:

• Can a quiz be run in a random way (order of the questions not always the same)?
  • Can I have a quiz of 20 questions but run it in a way that picks 10 of them randomly when running it?

Thanks a lot

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jose Belmonte,

It’s currently not possible to run a quiz in a way where the systems shows questions at random or just chooses a few of them at a time. 

Depending on how many quizzes you’re planning to run - you can always create a master quiz with all 20 questions and simply duplicate the quiz and randomize it yourself. Drag and drop questions to change the order and delete some of them at random. I do realize that this is extra work for you but this is the workaround. 

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with!

Going along with this - is there a way to randomize the order that the answers appear for each question so it isn’t the same every use?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @negush2

As above in my colleague’s reply, this is something we can pass on to the wider team for feedback but is not possible:

Depending on how many quizzes you’re planning to run - you can always create a master quiz with all 20 questions and simply duplicate the quiz and randomize it yourself. Drag and drop questions to change the order and delete some of them at random. - This is still our workaround for this at the moment, maybe this could work for you. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, I’d be happy to assist! 

I have a SLIDO quiz of 40 questions. I would like to activate the quiz but have the questions presented in a random order (not 1 thru 40). I want to do this because I may use it multiple times and want to change up the question presentation order.

Thanks for any guidance.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @pcavell,

There’s no way to randomise questions in a quiz, but you can re-order the questions yourself.

I can see how randomising quiz questions might be helpful so I’m passing it on :)

Hope this helps! 🤗