Hide your slido from search

• 24 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Slido is gradually rolling out a new user interface. If the below steps and visuals match what you are seeing within your account, then you are using the new interface and this article is for you. If not, please see this version.

If you wish, you can hide your slido from search at slido.com. Doing this means that participants must enter the exact slido code in order to join. 

Available in all plans

In this article:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Privacy on the left hand side
  3. Toggle on Hidden from search

What if my slido is not hidden from search?

When participants begin entering a slido code at slido.com, there are suggestions provided based on the characters they enter. If a slido is hidden from search, it will never be suggested like this. 

See the example below when the word Team is entered:

Example of slidos not hidden from search

All suggested slidos in the above image are not hidden from search. 

Note that hiding your slido from search is separate from any other privacy settings you may set up. Learn more in our guide to securing your slido.

Curious to learn more?

2 replies

Hi team, 

just to confirm, this setting (for “search results”) does only apply/work internaly within my own slido organization?

There is no option for externals (incl. collaborators) to search for foreign slidos.

Thanks

Christian

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @CGutjahr81 

if your Slido is not set up as hidden then also external people can find the event by typing first letters of the event code. But if you hide your event then your participants will need to type an exact event code. 

Also in case someone would publicly share the event code then also externals would be able to join the event even though it would be hidden. In case you would want only internal people to be able to join a specific event I would advice setting up SSO authentication for Slido which is part of our PREMIUM/Enterprise plans.