Use Slido with a QR code

• 24 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Slido is gradually rolling out a new user interface. If the below steps and visuals match what you are seeing within your account, then you are using the new interface and this article is for you. If not, please see this version.

One of the ways for your audience to join Slido is by scanning its unique QR code. Participants can scan the QR code with their phones and gain immediate access.

There are two ways for sharing the QR code with your audience:

• They can scan the QR code directly from Slido’s Present mode
  • You can download the QR code and share it with your audience beforehand

Your audience will simply scan the QR code with their phones to join your slido.

QR codes are available in all plans and are enabled by default for all slidos.

In this article:

Display the QR code in Present mode

Using Present mode to display your polls, poll results, and Q&A during your event or meeting is the easiest way to drive interaction. The QR code and slido code are always visible there so that participants can join at any time. 

To display your Present mode, click the green Present button in the lower right corner.

Pro tip: Use a custom logo for your slido. Your logo will then display in Present mode along with the joining instructions. Custom logos are available with our Professional and higher packages. Check out our branding guide to learn more. 

Download the QR code

You can download the QR code and share it via email, social media, or your internal communication platform. You can also print it onto your event or meeting materials if needed.

To get the QR code for your Slido:

• Click the Share button in the upper right corner
  • Select the Download QR code option or copy it to your clipboard

Downloading Slido QR code

Disable the QR code

If you don't need a QR code, you can turn it off in your Slido settings.

1. In your Slido, go to Settings
  2. Select the Customization tab and then click Present mode
  3. Toggle off the Join slido via QR code option
Disabling QR code

If you wish to disable the QR code for all of your slidos, you can do so in Slido Organization settings

Disabling QR code on an organization level

Learn more:

7 replies

Unfortunately, I have deleted the produced QR code for my poll. How can I re-produce it?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ABraun,

It sounds like you’ve disabled the QR code in your event - you can enable it like this. If the QR code doesn’t appear in any of your events, then you might have disabled it for your whole account and you can enable it like this

Let me know if this helped :)

To display the QR code during your event, just hit the "Present" button.

Does each Room/Session has it’s own QR code? Or is there just the one for the entire event. Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Mike.I ,

The QR code is directly linked to the Slido event itself. You can get the Permanent Link to a Room or Poll to share with your participants if you’d like.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Is the QR code unique to my account or is a new one generated for each presentation I create. I would like to have one code associated with my account to distribute to students in my course. 

Thanks, 

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Steve Palazzo ,

The QR code is unique to each slido you create as a way for your participants to enter the correct slido. If you were to have multiple active slidos on your account at the same time, an account QR code would not be able to bring them to the correct polling and Q&A space.

Could you share more details about your use case so we can understand a bit more and pass the feedback to our team?

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,