Share a link to your slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Slido is gradually rolling out a new user interface. If the below steps and visuals match what you are seeing within your account, then you are using the new interface and this article is for you. If not, please see this version.

Every slido can be accessed via its unique direct link. This is especially useful when you want to crowdsource Q&A questions beforehand, collect feedback afterwards, or if you simply want your audience to answer a poll outside your set dates.

Get the permanent link for your slido

To copy the direct link:

1. Click the Share button in the upper right corner
  2. Select the Copy link option to copy the link to your clipboard

Copy your slido’s direct link

Then simply paste the link wherever you need to (calendar invite, email, internal app message).

Learn more:

11 replies

I keep getting prompted for a passcode when clicking on a poll link.  The meeting # does not appear to be the passcode.  Thank you for any insight you can lend.  Btw, this even was a duplicate of another and we changed the meeting number to be unique.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Deborah,

Some events are protected with a passcode to ensure an additional level of privacy. 

In order to access the event or a poll, you’ll need to get this passcode from your event/meeting organizer. This passcode can be found in Present view as well. 

To change this setting, you simply go to Settings > Privacy > Require authentication > and toggle off Require passcode. You can find a quick gif here.

Events duplicate with settings as well, so the reason why your other event required passcode was because its settings were duplicated too. Alternatively, you might have these privacy settings set on an Organization level. To change this, the owner of the license need to log in and go to Organization settings a follow the same steps as described above.

Please note that if you have a Webex Slido license, passcode authentication is turned on by default. 

Let me know if this makes sense or if you need any more help!

Hi Community, 

I have a questions. I would need to display a survey, user will answer it on their own time. Therefore I would have to use direct link. May I know can I have my answer displayed for each questions using direct link?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @CloudExpo

To collect answers from a survey for participants to use in their own time, you can share a survey using a permanent link, you just need to make sure the event hasn’t expired. 

As for displaying the results of a survey, this isn’t possible if you are waiting for users to answer, a live poll would work better for this purpose. 

Hope this helps!  Alternatively, I would recommend getting in touch with our amazing customer care team. You can start a live chat from your slido admin page, or alternatively, get in touch at support@slido.com

Badge +1

Hi, the permalink generated by slido is cumbersome to share with the students during the lecture.

Is there any way to generate a short link to the event? In wooclap this is very easy to do, I cannot find a way in slido, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @esposito,

There are two ways of making this easier 🙂 The easiest would be to use the QR code that appears when you open Present mode - students can scan this using their phones and it takes them directly to Slido. You could also download the QR code and share it with students.

Lastly, you can also tell students to go to www.slido.com/yourEventCode → for example if my event code was #statistics, then I could use www.slido.com/statistics.

Hope this helps! 

Badge +1

Hi @Meggie from Slido, I knew about the qr-code and I’m already using it (good hint anyway thanks). What I was really looking for is the second method you mention: I did not realise that the event code could be used to access the event.

Thanks for your help.

Roberto

Dear Slido support, I have created a survey and want the participants in different time zones to complete it when they have time. I have gone through all the above explained options, but still I am not able to send a link to the complete survey. The people can only access the first poll question and then it will not proceed. Beside the QR - do you have a check list on steps how to do it? I have 18 questions in my survey. TX

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @KOMMA ,

It sounds like you might only have individual Polls within your slido. You would need to merge your polls into a Survey and then all of the polls within the Survey will display all at once for your participants to respond to.

Let us know if this helps.

Best,

Hello!
In the old Slido interface, It was possible to share a single poll in my slido session - I don’t see that option in the new interface, is it still possibility to generate a link for a single poll in my slido session within the new interface? 

Kind Regards,
Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Johannes Sturmlechner ,

Thanks for your question.

This will be available within New Interface in the future. There are some features we are still working on moving over to the New Interface, you can find the full list of whats being worked on and what features we will deprecate with the Old Interface when that time comes.

Changes from the three-dot menu: Sharing a link and embed code for your individual poll will again be possible, along with merging and unmerging polls in a survey.

Let us know if you have any other questions

Best,