Use Slido in Webex Meetings

Userlevel 4
Badge

You can use Slido live polling and Q&A directly in Webex Meetings with our seamless integration. Slido is also available in Webex Webinars.

This guide helps anyone in a Webex meeting launch polling and Q&A with Slido - whether your’e a meeting host, participant, facilitator, or cohost.

All Webex customers with paid plans (except FedRAMP) have access to all Slido Enterprise features. 

Slido in Webex sidebar

To double-check that Slido is available for you in Webex Meetings, see the requirements and current limitations below. 

Essential Requirements
  • Slido needs to be approved and enabled in the Webex Control Hub by a full Webex admin
  • Webex App version 41.6 or later or Webex Suite meeting platform
  • The following domains need to be allowed in your network firewall: slido.com, auth.slido.com, *.slido.com, sli.do, *.sli.do, webexapis.comslido-assets-production.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
Current Limitations of the Webex and Slido integration
  • Slido in Webex is available for hosts or participants launching Slido on the Webex Meetings desktop app for Windows or macOS. 
  • Internet Explorer 11 is not supported
  • Space meetings are not supported yet
  • Webex shared devices and personal devices for hosts are not supported yet
  • Not available for FedRAMP or end-to-end encrypted meetings

If you’re an IT admin, you may wish to start with or guide for Webex admins first

In this article:

Follow the steps below or watch the video guide: 

Start your Webex meeting and open Slido

You can access Slido directly in your Webex meeting. It doesn’t matter if it’s a scheduled meeting or an ad-hoc meeting using your Personal Meeting Room.

Once you’re in a Webex meeting:

1. Click the Apps button in the bottom right corner or navigate to the three horizontal dots
  2. Select Slido
  3. Choose an existing slido or create a new one

This will open a Slido sidebar where you can set everything up and control Slido as the host of the meeting. 

Opening Slido in Webex

Note that if the meeting host does not add Slido, a facilitator, cohost, or other meeting participant can do so in somebody else’s meeting.

To learn more about competencies of different roles in Webex and Slido, read the following article:

Add your polls

To start, click the + Add button and choose a poll type you wish to use. Then add your question and options (if applicable).

You can decide whether you want to show poll results for your participants once they voted, or reveal them later. To adjust the poll settings click the gear icon.

Your poll is saved instantly, so you can Launch it immediately by clicking the green button at the bottom. Or you can go back to your list of polls to create more.

Creating a Slido poll in Webex

If you want to ask multiple questions at once, choose a Survey from the list of polls.

To add another question to your existing poll, click the three dots and select ‘convert to Survey and then ‘+’. You can also name your survey. 

Creating a Slido survey in Webex by adding another question to an existing poll

Need to reorder the polls in your survey? Simply drag and drop them. 

If you want to prepare your Slido polls in advance, go to slido.com and use your Webex credentials to log in. Once you create your slido, you can set up everything prior to your meeting. 

Launch and manage your polls

Once you’re ready to launch a poll, click the Launch icon next to it. 

Click the three dots next to a poll to access its additional actions such as Edit, Duplicate, or Delete.

You can then use the buttons at the bottom to hide/reveal results, close voting, or deactivate the poll completely.

Running a Slido poll in Webex

Add Audience Q&A

Use the + Add button to add your Q&A. It’s then open for your participants to ask questions.  

Adding Q&A in Webex

To change settings, go to the Q&A in your My interactions list and click the gear icon. If you want to review incoming questions before they appear live for everyone to see, you can turn on Moderation. You can also allow Replies to let anyone respond to Q&A questions.

Changing Q&A settings in Webex

Manage Audience Q&A

If you’re not using moderation, all submitted questions will automatically appear in your sidebar under Audience Q&A, and on participants’ devices. 

With moderation on, incoming questions will appear for you under In review. You can then either Approve or Dismiss them.

You can also Highlight the question that’s being addressed so that everyone is on the same page. Afterwards, you can Mark it as answered which will move it into the Archive tab, leaving room for other unanswered questions.

Managing Slido Q&A in Webex

To help you activate polls and manage Q&A, your meeting cohosts can request access to your slido, which you can then easily approve. If you want to add someone who’s not a meeting cohost to your slido, see the Add a co-host to help you manage Slido section below.

Adjust Slido settings

In the Settings section, you can change your slido’s name, it’s passcode, the participant privacy settings, and more.

To access Slido settings in the sidebar: 

1. Click the hamburger menu icon
  2. Open Settings 

General settings will show by default. For more options, click Advanced settings at the bottom and a pop-up window will appear. 

Accessing Slido settings in Webex

Learn more about Slido settings in our specific guide.

Add a co-host to help you manage Slido

You can add a colleague from the same Webex organization to help you moderate Q&A and run polls.

To do so:

1. Use the  ‘Login with Webex’ option at www.slido.com and enter your Webex credentials
  2. Select the slido you want to add someone to
  3. Go to Settings > Share Access and type in the email address of the co-host
  4. Click ‘Invite

Once the Webex meeting is live, they’ll see the Slido host view under Apps > Slido. 

Meeting cohosts can also request access to your slido live during the meeting. 

Display Slido Present mode

If you wish to display Slido in a larger format than just your Webex meeting sidebar, you can open Slido Present mode.

To access Slido Present mode: 

1. Go to slido.com, click ‘Login with Webex’ and enter your Webex credentials
  2. Select your slido
  3. Click the green Present button in the lower right corner.

This will open the Slido Present mode in your browser. Then simply Share your browser screen in Webex to display it for your attendees.

Open Present mode from slido.com

Displaying Present mode is also useful to share Slido joining instructions for anyone unable to interact with Slido directly in the Webex meeting client.

How it works for participants

Polls

Once you launch a poll, the Slido sidebar will automatically pop up for your participants, inviting them to submit their votes. If you’re showing poll results, participants will see them after they submit their vote.

Voting in a Slido poll as a participant

Audience Q&A

If you’re using Q&A, your participants can simply submit their questions either anonymously or with their names. They can also upvote questions that have been submitted by other people. 

If you highlight a question, this will move it to the top of the list and show it highlighted in blue for your audience.

Submitting a question as a participant

Export your data after the meeting and view analytics

If you wish to export the poll results or Q&A submissions once your meeting is over, just go to the hamburger menu in the Slido sidebar and click Download results > Export > Download export. Then select your preferred format. 

Downloading Slido results

Use your Analytics to view your participant engagement, question sentiment, and poll results. If you want to share the data with your leadership or anyone else, click Share Analytics > select your data > copy link

View engagement analytics

You can also view how Slido is being used within your Webex organization directly in Control Hub. See this guide to learn more.

Frequently Asked Questions: 

Can Slido be used in Webex Webinars? 
Yes, Slido is available for Webex Webinars with up to 10,000 attendees. And quizzes can be used with up to 5,000 participants. Webcast view for more than 10,000 attendees only supports multiple choice poll, rating poll and Q&A. And note that meeting hosts need to use the Webex desktop app when running a webinar with Slido.

Follow the article below for detailed guide on how to use Slido with Webex Webinars: 

Explore more Webex resources

Visit our Resources page to browse use cases, guides, and tutorials – including ones for running Slido in Webex alongside PowerPoint or Google Slides.

Curious about learning more? 

11 replies

Using pre made quizzes in Webex: 

Hi can you please post the link with instructions on how to save a quiz in Slido prior to the webex meeting – then launch that quiz? 

I want to reset the same quiz and have it ready for use again for additional webex meetings. 

So far it does not allow me to relaunch the old quiz in a new webex meeting. 

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Celia Trubey ,

When you create the slido with the Quiz, could you check that the dates are lasting long enough for you to use it in your next meetings?

When you’re in your Webex meeting and open Slido, it will show the currently active slido’s you have, so if the dates for the slido have passed, it wouldn’t show up. 

If this isn’t the case, could you please reach out to support@slido.com so we can help troubleshoot?

Best,

In my role I help to run live, virtual training sessions. Often I have to open another app in Webex (e.g. the Shared Timer app) after displaying a Slido to our participants. However, even as the host of the meeting, I have no option to close the Slido app for all participants. Because of that, I get error messages from Webex saying that I’m unable to open and share other apps, like the Shared Timer.

Is there a way to close sharing the Slido app once it has been shared with the participants and we’re done using it? I love using Slido, but it’s not possible right now if we need to use any other apps within Webex.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @craftk 

this is how embedded apps in Webex work at the moment. I would advice forwarding this feedback to Webex team directly. 

Please let me know if you would have any additional questions.
Kindly

Hi @Ondrej from Slido - thanks for the reply! Let me clarify my question.

Other Webex apps (like the Shared Timer I mentioned) have options within them that allow you to “unshare the app for all participants” after initially sharing it. If I use the Shared Timer app, I can close it and then share another app within Webex as usual with no error.

I am asking if Slido’s embedded Webex app has that functionality or not? I figured I just may not know where to find it. If that option is not available, could a feature request please be submitted for it? Without that feature, it makes Slido’s embedded app difficult to use in a training setting.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @craftk 

I see what you mean now. I was able to test it on my end as well. This option to close the app is not available in Slido. However I will pass your feedback to our team. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @craftk 

I actually have some good nows from our team. In case you deactivate polls in Slido and remove Q&A from Slido - which will still store the questions but it will remove the interaction - this would lead to unlinking Slido from your Webex and you can use some other app. 

I hope this helps with your use-case. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Ally,

Yes, you can still generate a QR code even if the Slido Q&A is generated in Webex. To get the code, you just need to go to www.slido.com and log in with your Webex credentials and open the slido connected to your meeting. You can then display the QR code in Present mode or you can download it.

Good luck with your townhall and let me know if you need anything else 🤗

Hi
We would like to hold a hybrid townhall meeting and embed slido via Webex. Is it still possible to create a QR code if the Q&A is generated within Webex? This would then allow physically present participants to also join. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards

How much does this cost?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @matt koupal,

To use Slido in Webex, you need a paid Webex plan. You can find the pricing of Webex plans here.

Hope this helps 🙂 Let me know if you need anything else!