Question

Allowing participants to fill out a survey multiple times

• 5 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Is it possible to allow participants to fill out the same survey mutliple times using the same event code/url?

Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @melmint01,

Once someone submits responses to a survey and then opens the survey again using the same device/browser, they can only edit their responses, not submit new ones. This will overwrite their original submissions, so once you export data, you’ll only see the latest submissions. 

I hope this answers your question. Feel free to let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best,

Adam

Hi there,

I just wanted to follow up to this question. We are trying to have a Slido survey open at a community event to receive community feedback. We would like to have it open on a tablet, however, once someone responds there isn’t a way for the next person to respond unless a new browser is used. Is there any way around this for collecting multiple survey responses from the same browser at public events?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Katie1974,

You’re right it’s not possible to set up multiple responses from one device in admin - but we can definitely customize your event for you so that after every submission, the survey refreshes and is ready for the next person. 

However, this free customization has to be requested via email. Please email support@slido.com with reference to your use case, link to the event you’d like the customization for, and our team will get it done! :)

Let us know if there’s anything else that we can help with in the meantime.

If you are able to customize these events, is the data saved after the responses are cleared for the next user?

Userlevel 3
Badge

hi @blasi1489

If you reset the data results so they are cleared for the next user, the data isn’t saved. To ensure you keep data that you can analyze once you have the results, you would need to export the data before the responses are cleared. You can do this with google sheets

Hope this helps! 

Best, 

Thanks Cori- my question was in regards to the scenario above. and I received a different answer stating that all data would be stored with this different functionality activated.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @blasi1489

my apologies , I must’ve misunderstood. With this customization mentioned in the scenario, once a response is submitted the data will be saved to the event and then the user token will be reset. This means the next response submitted through the same device will be considered a different user. However, this should not affect the way the data is stored. 

Hope this helps. Our customer care team are on hand at support@slido.com or through live chat in admin if you need any further assistance with this. 

Is it possible to allow participants to fill out the same survey mutliple times using the same event code/url?

Thanks.

We have a similar query. Is it possible for one person to fill out the same survey multiple times using the same event QR code / URL therefore distorting a survey result where its required that one participant gives one response only? For example if a web browser is used in an incognito mode to reload the survey etc. thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @slido user ,

If a participant opens incognito window or uses another browser or device then they might be able to submit more responses. This is dependent on the privacy settings you have set for the event.

If you have Restricted access then they would need to input their approved email for the event access. If you only are requiring name and email, they would be able to input whatever they would like to enter the event.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

Best,