Question

Guest access

• 12 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, we are considering purchasing Slido for our Consulting firm to run polls for our clients.   If we (the consulting firm) create a poll using our Slido account and provide our client with “guest” access, will the client be able to launch a Slido poll we created (on their PC) in PowerPoint?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @gaflaxm,

in case you have prepared Slido in Powerpoint with our Slido integration then you can share access to your client but they will also need to install Slido for Powerpoint - available for Windows. 

After the installation they will be able to launch Slido with their Slido guest account. I would recommend also testing this setup before the event to make sure it works on their end properly. 

I’d like to follow a similar plan, but with my client creating the PowerPoint. So it would go like this:

1. Client (not part of my organization) creates their own PowerPoint.
  2. I create a Slido event and invite the client to it as a Guest so they can add their own poll questions.
  3. Client accepts the invitation to my Slido event as a Quest.
  4. Client opens their existing PowerPoint and links it to the existing Slido event.
  5. Client adds their own poll questions.
  6. Client saves their work and sends me their PowerPoint.
  7. Later, on the day of the event, I’ll load the Client’s PowerPoint onto my event laptop and log into Slido with one of my accounts that has access to this Slido event. Then the Client will be able to walk up to the laptop and present their PowerPoint with Slido polls without any need to log into their Guest account.

Will that work?