Solved

URGENT: Line spacing in questions (present mode)

How do i format in the question when i want a space between sentences (line spacing)   for a question in the present mode… Seems like on the editing screen, I can do that, but when it goes to the present mode and live survey, all the spaces and sentences are crunched together.   This is urgent.   Thx. Will

icon

Best answer by Carly from Slido 31 May 2023, 19:42

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @wpowley

Hope it’s not too late! 

Could you please share a bit more details on your case? It would be great if you could add an example of a poll with spacing you’re adding. 

I did some testing and added a poll like bellow and everything seems to reflect correct. 

However, it might not work this way if you want to add spacing between single words in a sentence. Is that your case? 

For urgent cases, please always refer to out Customer Care team at suppor@slido.com or by opening up a chat with them - it’s the best course of action if you’re limited by time. 

Best,

I have the same “need”.

I would like to have a line break (empty line) between the sentences in the question part, to make it more easy to read.

shift+enter add a space, in the editing part, but is not visible in the presentation mode.

Is there a specific code (like in HTML) that can be used?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Radu,

Just came across your question - sorry for the late answer!

Unfortunately, formatting is currently not possible with Slido and there’s no workaround.

It is definitely on our radar so I’ll make sure to submit this to our Product Team!

@Alex

Hi! I seem to have a same questions with Radu,

Is there anyways to have line space(empty line)  when we post in the question part?

We want our participants easily understand our announce.

I hope there are some improvement….!

@Alex 

Hi! I seem to have a same questions with Radu,

Is there anyways to have line space(empty line)  when we post in the question part?

We want our participants easily understand our announce.

I hope there are some improvement….!

(I did not mention you correctly on above post, sorry!)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Shiori Tokunaga ,

Im not quite sure what you mean? You want to insert a line in the question of the Poll?

Could you share an example of what you were looking for? From the screenshot shared I dont see what you’re talking about.

Best,

@Carly from Slido 

Thank you for your reply.

Please see attached, In Audience Q&A part, I can add empty line on editng screen, but line disappear when posted.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Shiori Tokunaga ,

I think understand what you’re asking now. You mean when you type into the Q&A:
Test

Test

Test

When its submitted to the Q&A it displays as:

Test Test Test

Is this correct?

@Carly from Slido 

YES!

Is there any way I can put empty line between the sentences(TEST to TEST)?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Shiori Tokunaga ,

This is not currently possible for us to adjust but I have entered it as a feature request for future consideration. Thank you for your patience and explaining what it is you were looking for! We are always open to hearing your suggestions and feedback :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,