Solved

Why don't my poll results fit the screen in present mode?

When displaying the results of a multiple choice poll, the choices and bar charts do not resize to fit the screen, and I have to scroll through the results which does not make for a clean presentation when you are displaying them on a screen.  Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 8 December 2022, 15:45

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @HCIWebcasts , 

The number of options shown on your screen depends on your screen resolution and number of options in your multiple choice poll.

More options will display on participant devices before the need to scroll.

Depending on the size of their screen, it should fit around 7 single-line options before the need to scroll up and down. 

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

I can see about 4 options with results on a 65 inch screen at a resolution at 1920x1080. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @HCIWebcasts

Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you can see when you run a multiple choice poll?

Here is an example with 5 options and then if you look at poll everywhere, they resize the options to fit 7, and can fit even more

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @HCIWebcasts

Ah, I see what you mean. As I advised, the participants will be able to see more options before the need to scroll with their devices. After testing this locally, unfortunately this is the workaround for now. 
I will, however, pass your feedback onto the wider team as I can see where you are coming from! 

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful this time!

How do I remove the scroll bar at the side? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @EmilyScammell

If you mean the scroll bar which correlates with the amount/length of poll answers, then this wouldn’t be possible. 

Could you explain a little more about your use case and what you’re trying to achieve and I’ll be happy to take a look. Any screenshots you can provide would be great too! 

Thanks!  

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @HCIWebcasts,

Just wanted to let you know that we now have a zoom feature in present mode that makes poll results fit your screen. To use this feature:

1. Open present mode
  2. Click on the wheel in the control bar
  3. Click on + to zoom in or - to zoom out

Hope this helps :)

Meggie - what if you are presenting in Powerpoint?  Resizing in “Present mode” in the online platform doesn’t seem to affect the size of the question displayed on the Powerpoint slide?

Thanks!

This is an important question.  There seems to be no way to show the entire poll results unless switching out of PPT and into the Slido App - Can you provide an update?  Is it possible to allow the creator to reduce the font size in the poll?

Badge

Hey @Jim RM ,

There is no direct way to change font in Slido at the moment.

May I ask you what is your use case please? Is it like too zoomed in, or something like that?

This might be the solution you’re looking for.

Please let us know if it helped!