Skip to main content

Interactive Webinar Experiences with Slido

• 28 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve been using Slido for in-person events for the last 1.5 years and I’ve used a few times for webinars. We’re shifting our approach to webinars to make them more interactive. In fact, they’re less webinar and much more of an engagement experience. That said, getting engagement can be hard even with in-person events (I know personally). We use ice-breakers to get folks familiar with Slido and that has worked well. 

Here’s our use case:

We have an experience with 3 different challenges and wanted responses on a 2-3 questions for each challenge. 

Would 3x3 = 9 types of questions be too much in a 45 minute span?

Does integration with Zoom work better when sharing slides? 

What’s the max number of questions or polling you’ve done in a 45 min online event with 100 people?

This is with “prospect customers”, not an internal company event, so the stakes for a smooth execution are much higher. I’ll happily share what we end up doing and the results.

Thanks,

Peter

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Back_that_SaaS_Up ,

Thanks for sharing these details and your patience, as I wanted to consult the team on their suggestions.

Here is what they said:

9 polls in 45 minutes could feel a bit rushed or would leave very little time for context setting, giving room for thinking and submission of responses or delivery of actual content by the host. But 9 quiz questions is probably perfect, especially if he's asking 3 quick questions after each section to check understanding/get people re-focused on the content.

Presentation integration along with Zoom integration would work perfectly and could cut down the time it takes to ask people to join and scan the QR code.

They were wanting to know if you are looking to gather ideas/concerns or whatever, as these could require clarification or elaboration to get the full value. Depending on what those 2-3 questions are, you could consider dividing the group into smaller sub-groups, so they can tackle challenges - if its an event with 100 people that could work. Or I'd think about trying to refine the questions to 1-2 max.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any other questions!

Best,