Run a Word cloud via Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Hi @David Dou,

Sorry - I realized my earlier explanation was lacking a key element!

You’ll need to submit the same words but as different participant to count more times. This means that if a single user submits the same word multiple times, it’ll only count as once. This is to make sure that voting in a word cloud remains fair. 

So, in order for certain words to appear bigger, multiple participants have to submit the same word. 

For example: Participant 1 submits the word “lion five times, it’ll appear small until Participant 2 submits “lion too.

Please let me know if my explanation makes things a little clearer or if there’s anything else that I can help with! 

thank for your information and I will try later.

-David

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @David Dou,

Sorry - I realized my earlier explanation was lacking a key element!

You’ll need to submit the same words but as different participant to count more times. This means that if a single user submits the same word multiple times, it’ll only count as once. This is to make sure that voting in a word cloud remains fair. 

So, in order for certain words to appear bigger, multiple participants have to submit the same word. 

For example: Participant 1 submits the word “lion five times, it’ll appear small until Participant 2 submits “lion too.

Please let me know if my explanation makes things a little clearer or if there’s anything else that I can help with! 

Hi @Jacki,

If by the same font - you mean the size and colour of the words, this is because each of the words have only been mentioned once in the word cloud (or all words the same amount of times, equally). 

Please try adding one of the words in there multiple times on a different device to see if that word grows bigger and perhaps changes colour (depending on which theme you’re using).

Let me know if this helps or if you need more help!

I tried type type the same word 3 times and other 10 word just once, the font is still same for every word. Is there any threshold that to change the font (color and size)?

thank

David

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jacki,

If by the same font - you mean the size and colour of the words, this is because each of the words have only been mentioned once in the word cloud (or all words the same amount of times, equally). 

Please try adding one of the words in there multiple times on a different device to see if that word grows bigger and perhaps changes colour (depending on which theme you’re using).

Let me know if this helps or if you need more help!

All words are in the same font how do i fix?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @SharonH,

I think the reason why some words were missing is because there’s a limit of top 50 words being shown on Slido Present mode at a time. This is for accessibility reasons, to make sure that all words are readable. 

Number of words shown also automatically changes with the resolution of your screen, if the screen you use for Present Mode is smaller, it’ll show less words compared to a larger screen. Though it will still only show up to 50 top words maximum, even on a large screen.

It is also possible that some words were automatically excluded through our profanity filter. Do you know if perhaps some of the words could be considered vulgar? 

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

It would appear that not all of the responses participants enter into my wordclouds are actually appearing on the screen when I am in presenting mode.  I haven’t moderated how many times people can enter their responses, so why is this.  I became aware of it after looking at my results, post training, and seeing comments there that then do not appear when you go to “present”.  Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong or why this is?