Run a Word cloud via Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @SharonH,

I think the reason why some words were missing is because there’s a limit of top 50 words being shown on Slido Present mode at a time. This is for accessibility reasons, to make sure that all words are readable. 

Number of words shown also automatically changes with the resolution of your screen, if the screen you use for Present Mode is smaller, it’ll show less words compared to a larger screen. Though it will still only show up to 50 top words maximum, even on a large screen.

It is also possible that some words were automatically excluded through our profanity filter. Do you know if perhaps some of the words could be considered vulgar? 

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

All words are in the same font how do i fix?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jacki,

If by the same font - you mean the size and colour of the words, this is because each of the words have only been mentioned once in the word cloud (or all words the same amount of times, equally). 

Please try adding one of the words in there multiple times on a different device to see if that word grows bigger and perhaps changes colour (depending on which theme you’re using).

Let me know if this helps or if you need more help!

Hi, I’m having trouble adding pre-populated answers as an admin.  I want to give people the ability to click on a dropdown to pre-select an answer, but also to type something new if they don’t agree with one of the answers.

The above states I should be able to do this as as an admin, but I can’t see instructions on how to do this.

If I just add one word answers to the Slido as a respondent, this doesn’t seem to resolve this, so assume it’s something I need to give as an admin.

Please can you help?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @j789s

The best way to do this would be to create a multiple choice poll that has an ‘other’ option as an answer, you could then follow this up with an open text poll which calls back to the multiple choice poll. For example ‘If you answered Other in our first poll, could you elaborate here?’ - this would then give your participants space to share their alternative ideas with you. 

I would recommend then merging your polls to create a survey, which sounds best suited for your use case of collecting insights and feedback from your participants. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions! 

Best,

Thanks Cori!  The only thing is, I want to be able to show simultaneously pre-defined answers that have been repeated / voted on, and free field “Other” type suggestions, on one screen, moving dynamically, to a live audience.  This is why I was thinking Word Cloud could work well - as the words chosen would presumably get “bigger” and smaller depending on how many repeat them.

What do you think?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @j789s

You could absolutely use a Word Cloud, and I can see how this will look great visually, but it doesn’t support pre-defined answers. Just to note, Word Cloud also breaks up longer sentences into individual words, so this could mean any longer responses would be compromised. You can however, use moderation to screen the replies from your participants. 

Hope this helps!