How to use Slido for PowerPoint

• 24 August 2020
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

Hi Slido team, 

after my presetnations I usually print a PDF version of the slides. WOuld it be possible to integrate the results of Polls and Q&A in the print-version and/or add them to the powerpoint if you end the survey? 

BR 

Badge

Hi @Kashif, to use Slido with PowerPoint you must install the integration on each computer from which you will be presenting a slide show which has Slido in it.

Regards,
@Jozi from Slido 

Hello, I have created an event and added three slides with open text questions in my powerpoint. When I run it on my system in slide show mode, I can see the QR code and event #, which the participants can use to answer questions.

I have shared the powerpoint presentation with my other colleague. However, when she runs the ppt in slide show mode on her system, she is unable to see the QR code or event number on the three slides. What possibly is going wrong here? Thanks for providing guidance.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @SpeakerSueLH,

You can only link one Slido session (event) to one PowerPoint deck. To be able to run multiple Slido questions in your presentation, simply add your Slido event and then add the polls (questions).

After you’ve added your Slido event, you can then add polls like this.

Here is the full tutorial for our PowerPoint integration:

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else :)

In my PowerPoint I tried to insert 2 live survey sessions on 2 different slides and Slido wants me to switch sessions? How do I insert my live survey’s?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @bobreednz

You are not seeing the event in PowerPoint as your Slido event needs to be created with the Slido add in whilst using Slido for PowerPoint to link them. Once you create a new event in PowerPoint, this will show in the Slido sidebar. 

We have a great troubleshooting if you run into any issues and this article states any limitations to the integration. 

Hope these help! 

Hi, I am a new Slido user. I have created an event in Slido and want to insert it into my PPT. However, when I click on the Slido button no events show up in my side panel (see below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @pawel

Yes, this is possible! 

Our Slido Quizzes are designed to be presented live and by default will present the result for each question on a PowerPoint slide. 
You can do this by adding the questions one by one.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction. 

Hello,

is it possible to present the quiz results for each question in real time on a power point presentation? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Happy to hear it helped,  @Gerdf! :)

Hi @Meggie from Slido , thank you for your answer.

I have found out how to customize the slido pages with background graphics etc now. And you hint to change ppt options did the magic!!!

All the best

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey@Gerdf,

Sorry to hear the integration is behaving strangely!

my customization does not show - only the standard white slido look appears

How did you set up the customization? Could you share some screenshots of what you see?

the question and graph is not corretcly scaled, i.e. it is wider than the screen. text and graphics run off the right side of the screen.

This sometimes happens if you have the Display Settings in PowerPoint set up to "Optimize for best appearance". Try the steps below and let me know if it helped:

1. Go to File > Options > General > User Interface options

2. Set it to Optimize for compatibility

Let me know if anything’s unclear :)

I have created a poll in ppt and have added a background graphics, changed the typeface etc.

When switching to presenter mode,

1. my customization does not show - only the standard white slido look appears
  2. the question and graph is not corretcly scaled, i.e. it is wider than the screen. text and graphics run off the right side of the screen.

Am I doing sth wrong or is this a slido error?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @GQ_Jay,

In PowerPoint, you can only create one quiz question at a time, but they all add up into one quiz poll.

When you’re creating a quiz in PowerPoint, you need to add all questions one by one and they all have a separate slide. But this doesn’t mean they are all separate polls. When you open your event from www.slido.com, you will see that all questions were added into one quiz poll.

So to create a quiz poll in PowerPoint, simply add all of your quiz questions one by one and you’re good to go! :)

Hope this helps! I can see how this would be confusing and I will pass it on as feedback. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hello,

I use Slido directly from PowePoint so that I don’t have to exit my presentation while presenting. In the past, I’ve been able to create a multiple choice quiz right in PowerPoint but when I try to now, it only allows me to create a one question quiz. Once I go to Slido website I can create a multiple question quiz but I’d have to leave my presentation to do so. What happened? How was I able to do so in the past and not anymore? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Montee,

The integration is the best way to combine PowerPoint and Slido. Although it’s not possible to add Slido into PowerPoint presentation without installing the integration, there are other ways of using the two together:

1. If you open present mode in your browser, you can then switch between your presentation and Slido present mode using either the three-finger swipe (on Mac) or the keyboard shortcut Alt+Tab (on Windows).

2. Alternatively, you can use our app Switcher which lets you easily switch between any presentation and Slido using your smartphone.

Please note that neither of these options will add anything to your presentation, they are only ways of switching between your presentation and Slido.

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi is it possible to add real time slido quiz into PowerPoint without installing the integration? Thanks