Run a quiz via Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 50 replies

Show first post

50 replies

Hi - i’ve created a draft quiz, i’ve tested it out but now i can’t find where i go to edit the quiz further. Please can you guide me to the right place. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Emily

You should be able to add or change your questions in the Live polls tab of your Slido event as featured above in the “Edit quiz” section of the article above. 

To sum up, you’ll just need hover on your quiz and click the three vertical dots on the right. You’ll see the option “Edit” in the drop-down. Then, you’ll be able to add more quiz questions or edit the existing ones. 

Hope that works! In case you can’t locate your quiz, please make sure you’re logged in to your Slido account at slido.com and in the right event. If that does not help, feel free to contact our lovely customer care team at support@slido.com to troubleshoot further. 

I am new using Slido. I cannot find where to set up in screen the Top winners of a Quizz.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Ale

we’re happy to see you’re playing around with our quiz! 

The quiz leaderboard comes up automatically with 5 winners after you click the “Leaderboard” after the last question as explained above in this article. It is also possible display the leaderboard during the quiz by marking the option after the selected question. Hope this helps. 

Just to make sure I’m addressing your question right, were you specifically trying to display the three top winners only? If so, I’m afraid this is not possible at the moment, but we’ll be curious to hear more details about what you’d like to achieve and forward them to our product team. 

As a participant, I only see my score and what place I finished.  Is it possible for participants of the live poll to see the top 5 leaderboard that the admin sees? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @WAMLawson

At the moment, the participants only see how they did in the quiz. As the quiz is run live, admins usually share the Present mode to show quiz questions to the participants as well as the Top 5 leaderboard at the end. 

Would you mind describing how you went through the quiz? It would be super helpful for our product teams to know the details, so they could consider displaying leaderboard on participants’ devices in the future. 

All my best, 

@Dasa from Slido

Responding from a new account. Was having issues trying to login to the other account.

I used the share link and let people take the quiz that way since we’re all remote learning. They see their individual scores on their devices at the end, but they can’t see an entire list or the top 5 winners. Hope that answers your question.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @WLawson 

Thanks for the details. 

At the moment it is only possible to share the link to the whole event and the admin needs to go through the quiz questions one by one for the participants to be able to answer them. Therefore, I was wondering if you’d share your screen on a video call or webinar as the last step of the quiz is the leaderboard. 

I can see how showing the top 5 winners would be beneficial here. Although I can’t promise anything, I’ve forwarded your idea as a feature request to our product teams for further consideration. 

Best, 

Hi, I have made a quiz for our next meeting at work. Is there a way I can make the quiz as a fullscreen so the participants cant see the sidepanels? I would liek the quiz to fill out my entire page. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Eva :)

During a quiz, there is a leaderboard displayed that tells each participant  his or her current position.

At the end of the quiz, the leaderboard displayed for the participant changes slightly to let him or her know which position he or she finished in, with some confetti.

However, I am not seeing an option to show participants the entire leaderboard (with the top finishers in order), the same way I would see it from the admin screen controlling the quiz.

Is this a feature that’s available?

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Eva Yardley 

In case you are using Slido as a standalone you can open the Present mode where Slido will cover your entire screen. 

In case you are using Powerpoint or Google Slides you can check our integrations which would make it much easier for you to present on one screen: https://www.slido.com/features-integrations

For any other questions you can also open a chat with us option on the bottom left corner in your admin or our website. Our agents are there live 24/5 during CET timezone. They can also assist you immediatelly with the setup. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @ABM , 

You’re right. At the moment it is possible to display leaderboard with top 5 winners in Present mode only.

As an admin, you can see the whole leaderboard when clicking the three dots next to the quiz and selecting Leaderboard. Your participants can only see how they scored. 

I’ll forward your idea to our product team so they can look into it. Would you mind elaborating on why would you like your participants to see the leaderboard? It would help the team understand the need. 

Best, 

---

Dáša

Is it possible to moderate user names on quizzes? We are expecting a large audience and are concerned that bad actors will use profanity in their display name, and it might appear when the leaderboard is displayed. If we are not able to do this, we won’t be able to use Slido for the quiz at all.

I've created a quiz with multiple choice questions and am rehearsing on my own, in presenter mode but without anyone to answer any questions. Every so often it just randomly stops and reverts to the start screen. Will this happen when I'm doing it for real? It would ruin everything!

Badge

Hey @Catriona this shouldn’t be happening.

In order to test quiz, I’d recommend to join it at least with your smartphone, so you would have at least one participant, and then reset the results.

Can you please reach out to us via chat on slido.com or send us an email to support@slido.com so we can take a closer look on this quiz of yours?

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Argus HD

At the moment, there’s no profanity filter available for participants’ names in quiz, although I understand it’s quite essential for you. Thanks for the suggestion!

I can see how this can be useful for other clients, too, therefore I’ve already forwarded it to our product team for further consideration. It’s currently in their backlog, so fingers crossed it gets on the list of planned features in the future!

All my best,

Dáša

Hello,

I created Quiz session and when i start the quiz, my questions didn’t go live automatically, i have to click to go live one by one after previous question was close.

What is the problem with my quiz?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Angelique

Yes, you can! 

Running a quiz with slido is designed to go alongside the Q & A feature, so you can achieve this in one event without having to create another Slido event 😁. 

What you could do when running a Q & A event before or after a live quiz is disable Q & A features. This will prevent any distractions whilst you are running a quiz. Alternatively, you could just have the Q & A feature on, but with moderation, so you can collect and review the questions as they come in before presenting them 😊.

Hope this helps!

Hi Meggie,

Thanks so much for your response, hoping that Slido development team will work to make Quiz go live automatically, it is very helpful for user.

Thanks,

Hi - I have created a quiz on Slido but want to use the same code for a Q&A session. Once I have completed the quiz and try to present Q&A it still shows the quiz. Can I use the code for multiple actions or do I create a new slido?

What is the maximum number of participants that can take part in a single quiz?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @M54

That sounds really fun 😁 - you certainly can use Slido for this purpose but for you to gauge the scores for the top 3 winners, they would all have to participate in the same quiz as you wouldn’t be able to calculate a leaderboard score over 10 individual quizzes. 
When you run a quiz, you also have the option to display the leaderboard results to your attendees at any time, however, they will display the top 5 players, not 3. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions! 

I want to make 10 quiz for individual guests. For each question, there are 3 answers and guests will chose one answer - then we will show the correct answer.

After 10 quiz, I want to give presents to TOP 3 people who choose the correct answers the most. Does Slido have such a function to know who are the TOP 3 winners in the quiz? 

I want to run an event with parallel tracks. Each participant can participate in multiple tracks. We are using slido room facility for all to participate in the track. Can we create consolidated leader board for all the slido room quiz ?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @dhsheth,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to create a consolidated leaderboard automatically. This will have to be done manually through data exports.

I’m sorry about that, I do realize that this will take a lot of your time but at the moment, it’s only possible to show a leaderboard from a single quiz at a time. 

Please let me know if I can help in any other way!