Solved

Is there any integration of Slido in Powerpoint on a Mac?

• 20 September 2021
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello! Is there any integration of Slido in Powerpoint on a Mac?

icon

Best answer by Martin Broz 14 December 2023, 14:00

View original

50 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great News...

The PowerPoint integration for Mac is in the works now and we can’t wait to share it with you when it’s ready. 🎉

Our goal is to ensure that the quality of the product we deliver would be the best it could be, so we need to take our time. 😊

Thanks for sticking with us, and stay tuned for more updates!

Any updates on this request for Slido for Powerpoint for Mac?

Hi, is there any update for a MAC powerpoint integration? It would be extremely useful and trigger my decision for a subscription. Kind regards.

Just want to echo the other sentiments. Very disappointing that this is not available for mac, and one the main barriers to recruiting more paid subscribers,  please resolve ASAP as many many educators in higher ed use mac interface.

Thank you,

How about Tuesday? :) 

Will be really happy to see live polling for the Mac whenever it does arrive! Thank you!

Hello, just wanted to let you know that I would also subscribe to slido if it would have the integration with mac powerpoint. Maybe you can create a poll to see how many users would like to see this feature so that you can facilitate the integration?  

this thread has been super helpful. I decided not to subscribe to slido b/c of the lack of powerpoint for mac integration, as there are free versions of other apps that already include this integration.. 

Thank you for your reply.

You have to undestand that every work-around is an additionnal complication and if they get multiplied everytime we use some type of new software this distracts us from the tasks on which we actually earn money.

For now I’ll stick to PC’s (we have a mixed work environment) but I would really see slido intergrate into powerpoint for Mac

Has there been any  progress in getting a Mac Powerpoint Plugin for SLIDO

Google slides are not an option and we are getting a lot of requests from our Mac users.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ssilver18,

Unfortunately, our PowerPoint integration is currently only available for Windows. 

However, we do have a great Google Slides integration that works equally great! Would you be up for trying that in the meantime?

Let me know if you need any help with setting it up! 

Hi @ssilver18,

Unfortunately, our PowerPoint integration is currently only available for Windows. 

However, we do have a great Google Slides integration that works equally great! Would you be up for trying that in the meantime?

Hi @Alex - I second @ssilver18’s feature request. You’ve suggested using Google Slides “in the meantime”, does that mean PowerPoint for Mac compatibility is coming? And if so, would you have an ETA on this please? I’ve tried the Switcher app and that’s not quite what I am looking for.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Just want to let you know that the workaround with using Google isn't gonna work for our institution. This is due to GDPR concerns. A lot of our teachers use Mac’s and it's frustrating that we can not offer them the same great product. I know we can use the switcher app, but why make it more difficult than it needs to be? Some of your competitors has already been able to develop a PowerPoint integration for Mac.

I use a Mac and cannot get Slido to work properly for surveys in power point.  Tried to download Slido Switcher but this is not a satisfactory solution.

Any other solutions you may know ?

I have a Mac and invested in the Slido subscription to enable me to integrate Slido into PowerPoint. Unfortunately the only option for integration provided by Slido is a Download for Windows. I need a Download for a Mac. Has anyone experienced this problem and overcome it.  If so can you please share your solution

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Barbara Scrugham,

Unfortunately, we currently only offer our PowerPoint integration for Windows. Although we have the integration for Mac on our roadmap, we don’t have a concrete ETA for it. 

What I can recommend for now is to try our Google Slides integration or use Slido as a standalone app, without integrating it. 

The latter is actually quite simple on Mac as you can simply open Slido Present Mode in your browser and then open your presentation and start presenting. Whenever you need to jump to Slido, you simply swipe between the screens with three fingers on your trackpad . You can then simply moderate Slido right form your Present Mode using the Control Panel in your bottom-left corner. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if you need help setting up 😊

Any update for a MAC powerpoint integration?

Thanks in advance

Folks - come on! More than half the world is probably using nacOS now and you guys can’t get off your backsides to get the integartion with Mac Powerpoint! I am going to look for another solution if this is NOT fixed. I am a paying customer and have been one for many years. 

Kind regards, 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey everyone, the wait is (almost finally) over! 😁

We just published a new website where you’re able to request access to our latest Slido for PowerPoint on macOS integration! 🚀

It’s still in BETA as we’re continuously adding features and working on improvements but it’s free and you can try it today.

Here’s the link:

https://www.slido.com/powerpoint-polling

After you fill out a short questionnaire (3 questions), we’ll send you an email with the download link.

Remember to use it at your next presentation!

Best,

Martin

Do you have any idea in when the mac integration will be available? Are we talking months or years here? I can imagine given it doesnt sound like its on the development roadmap it may be quite a long time? @Meggie from Slido ]

Is the update to integrate slido into powerpoint on a Mac available yet? The last post about this seems to be 8 months ago and the reply said it would be possible this year - any update yet please? Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @brettyboop,

We are still exploring how we to start building the integration so we don’t have a timeline yet. It would likely not be years, but not a few months either.

Sorry I don’t have a more concrete answer here! Keep an eye on this thread or Product News and we will let you know if there are any updates :)

Why is it taking so long to add a plug-in for mac? thank you for the workarounds but not everyone wants to use Google Slides or want or need to have two monitors or screens to present. just get the mac plug in working. 

waiting for news on support for powerpoint on mac

Just got a Mac at work and have been using Slido with enterprise edition earlier. After more than a year has this not been fixed now? Please update. It is a new year with new possibilities 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Alloue,

This integration is currently available only for computers with Windows and there’s no workaround to use it directly in PowerPoint.

What is available for Mac users is our integration for Google Slides which allows you to link your Slido event with the presentation the same way as PowerPoint, without any restrictions for operating system. If you want to know more, visit this article.

Alternatively, you can set up Present mode in your browser and then move between the PowerPoint presentation and Slido using the three-finger swipe.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions :)