Solved

How is Slido Better than Teams?

• 25 April 2023
  • 4 replies

A colleague asked a question that I could not answer.  Maybe some of you who are both Teams Guru and Slido Guru can tell me.

How is Slido better to use than Teams or the built-in Teams feature? Apparently you can ask questions anonymously in Teams as well.  Thank you for your insight!!

icon

Best answer by Carly from Slido 26 April 2023, 21:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @AmateurSlidoUser ,

Here is our updated comparison of the two, let us know if this would help!

Slido:

• All-in-one app that enables a range of interactions, including Q&As, ranking polls, rating polls, open text polls, and surveys across all meeting stages.
  • Works for all types of meetings and events (small/large/live/online/hybrid).
  • Available as a standalone web version and also integrates with PowerPoint, Teams, Google Slides and Webex.
  • Varied customization options to match presentation slides to the Slido event.
  • Provides a range of anonymity options including sets of default and forced settings for participants.

MS Teams Forms and Polling:

• Separate apps for surveys in channels (Forms) and for polling (Polls) in a live meeting. Currently, there is limited Q&A availability, requires separate setup in settings prior to the meeting.
  • May not work for all meeting formats and sizes due to limited number of poll types.
  • Microsoft Polls is not available as a web app. Forms can be used across multiple platforms for surveys. Forms can be embedded in Outlook and PowerPoint. Polls cannot be used as an add-in.
  • Limited customization options.
  • Joint integration of MST + PPT is lacking
  • Anonymity feature is available in polls, surveys and Q&A.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Hi Carly,

Thank you for your insights. This is helpful! I found out that my Teams does not allow Slido to be integrated (organization policy) which is a shame. That means I have to switch windows and in the process I’m not sure if the participants can see me toggling between admin view and presenter view! I’m MS Teams literate fit definitely not MS Teams guru.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @AmateurSlidoUser ,

Rather than using the direct integration you could Share your Screen and share the direct link to the Slido event to your participants, or they can scan the QR code with their phone and participate that way? Just a suggestion to be able to use Slido with MS Teams indirectly :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Sounds good, thanks!