Skip to main content

Slido’s new interface will become the default for all users on Nov. 7th. Learn more in this announcement.

Slido’s new interface may look a bit different, but its design provides an easier, quicker, and more intuitive experience. See below for answers to the most common questions regarding the changes.

Where do I create my polls?

All polls and Q&A are now listed under My interactions on the left side. Create your polls by selecting the + Add new option and choosing your poll type.

Create your polls

How do I save my polls?

Slido polls now save automatically after a few seconds. You can also save immediately by hitting return or by clicking anywhere outside of the text box. 

Polls save automatically

Surveys are a bit different. Because they’re designed to include multiple polls, they only save after two poll questions are added.

Where is my Q&A?

Audience Q&A is now an Interaction that you add to your slido – just like a poll. Select the Q&A interaction at any point to view and manage the submitted questions.

Audience Q&A is found under My interactions

What is the control bar for?

The control bar on the bottom of your Host mode is there to help manage your live interactions. Here you can easily see what poll is activated, hide or reveal the results for your audience, go to the next poll, and more.

New Slido control bar

How do I adjust my quiz timer?

Set and adjust your quiz timer directly above each quiz question. Or you can edit the timer within each question’s Poll settings.

Adjust the quiz question timer

Can I still test my Slido as a participant?

Yes, of course. Simply select the View as participant option in the bottom right corner. Then choose to see the live participant experience in a mobile or desktop view.

View Slido as a participant

Has the participant experience changed?

No. Participants join and interact with Slido in the same ways they always have. Their view and experience of Slido has not changed.

Does new Slido have all the same features?

For various reasons, there are some features not available in the new interface. Some will return better than before, while others are being deprecated. Learn more in our new Slido feature continuity guide.

Can I switch back to the old Slido interface?

New Slido is gradually rolling out to all users. So for a time, you will be able to switch to the old interface. Just click the ? icon in the bottom left corner and select Switch to old Slido. You can switch back to new Slido at any time using the same menu.

Switch between interfaces via the help icon

Keep in mind that the option to switch to old Slido is only temporary. All users will be permanently switched to new Slido in the near future, but we’ll give you plenty of notice.

Where can I find help?

Select the ? icon and choose Help Center. There you’ll find guides for using the new interface. And if you can’t find what you need, choose the Chat with us option. Our Customer Care Team is available 24 hours a day, Monday-Friday.

Prefer to send an email? Connect with us at support@slido.com.

Be the first to reply!