šŸ’” Discussion of the month: What is your favorite poll question?

• 18 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • Slido Community Manager
  • 197 replies

Ā 

Hi everyone,Ā 

Weā€™re on the lookout for new poll templates to add to our poll gallery and we need your help to crowdsource them and choose the best!Ā šŸ†

Ā 

šŸ‘‡ In the comments below -Ā share your favourite polls that you use at your team meetings, brainstormings, all-hands and beyond.Ā 

Oh, and donā€™t forget to like the othersā€™ commentsĀ - polls with most likes will be added to Slido as poll templates later this summer! šŸ¤ž

3 replies

I like to start my trainingsĀ with questions about the attendeesā€™ expectations:Ā 

What are your expectations for this training?Ā orĀ What would you like to get out of this training?

I like to start workshops with the suggested ā€œwhere are you from?ā€ word cloud,Ā to get people into using the toolā€¦Ā but IĀ would love a poll option that is open text but allows others to ā€˜up-voteā€™ things others have put in - kind of like the Q and A function but with a specific guided question.

@JoloĀ have you tried Ideas? It works the way you describe ā€“ you set a topic / question and then your participants submit their ideas and they can also upvote the ones that are already there.

Btw I like starting withĀ ā€œwhere are you from?ā€ too, especially during webinars or external events where the attendees donā€™t know each other.

For internal meetings, I like a word cloud question ā€œIn one word, how was your week?ā€Ā itā€™s great to get a sense of how the team is doing and itĀ could set the tone for the meeting.

Ā