Run a quiz via Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 50 replies

Show first post

50 replies

Can the leadership board of a quiz show the person that answer the question fastest for each question and not base on the overall time the person interacting with the quiz?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Stephanie Knoop,

Slido has an overall limit of 100 polls or 100 000 characters per room. There is no exact limit on the number of questions in a quiz, as this depends on the length of your questions and the number of options, but we would recommend keeping it under 30 to be safe.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Steve Panton,

At the moment, it’s not possible to just see who was the fastest for each question. The leaderboard will always combine the time the participant took to answer and the number of correct answers.

However, when you view the leaderboard in your admin, you can see who was the fastest. To view the leaderboard, click on the arrow below the quiz poll, then select the three dots next to ‘Leaderboard’ and then select ‘View Leaderboard’. Here is a video tutorial.

I hope this helps 🙂 Let me know if you have any further questions!

Hello,

I created Quiz session and when i start the quiz, my questions didn’t go live automatically, i have to click to go live one by one after previous question was close.

What is the problem with my quiz?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Asley,

At the moment, the quiz is not automatic so you have to click on each question to make it live. 

If you’d like to run multiple questions at the same time, you can run a survey instead. 

I can totally see that it would be useful to make the quiz automated so I am submitting this as a feature request. We also have a similar thread here: 

Hope this helps :)

Hi Meggie,

Thanks so much for your response, hoping that Slido development team will work to make Quiz go live automatically, it is very helpful for user.

Thanks,

Hi - I have created a quiz on Slido but want to use the same code for a Q&A session. Once I have completed the quiz and try to present Q&A it still shows the quiz. Can I use the code for multiple actions or do I create a new slido?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Angelique

Yes, you can! 

Running a quiz with slido is designed to go alongside the Q & A feature, so you can achieve this in one event without having to create another Slido event 😁. 

What you could do when running a Q & A event before or after a live quiz is disable Q & A features. This will prevent any distractions whilst you are running a quiz. Alternatively, you could just have the Q & A feature on, but with moderation, so you can collect and review the questions as they come in before presenting them 😊.

Hope this helps!

I want to make 10 quiz for individual guests. For each question, there are 3 answers and guests will chose one answer - then we will show the correct answer.

After 10 quiz, I want to give presents to TOP 3 people who choose the correct answers the most. Does Slido have such a function to know who are the TOP 3 winners in the quiz? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @M54

That sounds really fun 😁 - you certainly can use Slido for this purpose but for you to gauge the scores for the top 3 winners, they would all have to participate in the same quiz as you wouldn’t be able to calculate a leaderboard score over 10 individual quizzes. 
When you run a quiz, you also have the option to display the leaderboard results to your attendees at any time, however, they will display the top 5 players, not 3. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions! 

Can I schedule a quiz to run every Friday for a specified period of time?  Is it the “session” option?  And does the Free version allow this; one survey per session?  Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Edward O,

No, at the moment, you cannot run a quiz to run on its own but you could create a survey and send it to your participants every Friday. A survey is a collection of polls and if you want to run it like a quiz, you just need to add multiple choice polls. When you’ve created it, you could send the link to your participants every Friday.

Hope this helps :)

Good morning, 

I would like to know how many players are possible for a free quizz ? 

Thank you in advance, 

Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @TonyM. 

you can find a limit for maximum participants on this link: https://www.slido.com/pricing?plan=annual

We have different participants limits per each plan. You can find it directly in the first squares on the website. 

Kindly

Hi Slido,

I will host an interactive event during a two-days event, during which I would like to collect the guest informations, the emails and do some interactions with the guests, and then provide them some gifts.

What I plan to do is launch the Quiz every one or two hours.

I don’t want to reset the result every time a new Quiz starts, because I want to collect the attendees’ contact.

What are your suggestions for this requirement, to use the same Quiz multiple times during an event, and not reset the result every time.

Thank you very much.

Hello Slido,

I will use Slido in a two-days event for interaction with people. They will take the Quiz and get prizes. The Quiz will be launched once an hour. How can I keep every attendee’s data without reseting the results.

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Weibo Rao ,

I would suggest setting the Privacy settings of the event to collect names and emails of your participants joining as there is not a way to do this with the Quiz poll itself.

You dont need to reset the poll results unless you plan on using the total results from both days of quizzes to gift those winning because it will combine the leaderboard and results from all participants submissions over the two days.

Let us know if this helps!

Best,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Weibo Rao ,

If you are not wanting to reset the results, all of the participants submissions will combine together each time you run the Quiz. If you would want to keep specific groups separate, I would suggest duplicating the Quiz X amount of times you will be running it to keep the submissions from each session separate.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

I’m planning to allocate marks to students for “participating” in Slido Lecture quizzes. One mark for participating in the quiz, 2 marks for getting more than 50% correct. I’m curious if anyone else has done this, or something similar. I’m OK with doing some manipulation of data afterwards to get it into my LMS Gradebook, but wondering if anyone has any insight. I am thinking I need to let the students that they can’t be “anonymous” so I can track their participation and score?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Kdrakerf,

It is possible to run a quiz or a survey (with pre-selected correct answers). This allows you to evaluate how many correct answer which student got. To be able to see exactly who and how many points got I would suggest exporting poll results per user.

For checking the name of the students we recommend using our SSO or SAML protection. This would ensure that they do not enter some fake names but it also may be a bit tricky as the protection cannot be always set up. I would recommend checking with your IT department if students could be verified via some school/university e-mail addresses. Also it is important to set the participant privacy to always require name. Otherwise students could be switched to anonymous. 

You can also set name to be required without SSO/SAML verification but students can fill in fake names and sometimes people submit word Anonymous as a name and then it looks like they are anonymous. 

Please keep in mind that it is important to test this before using it for real quizzes to make sure Slido really fits the needs you have. 

Hi, I have made a quiz for our next meeting at work. Is there a way I can make the quiz as a fullscreen so the participants cant see the sidepanels? I would liek the quiz to fill out my entire page. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Eva :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Eva Yardley 

In case you are using Slido as a standalone you can open the Present mode where Slido will cover your entire screen. 

In case you are using Powerpoint or Google Slides you can check our integrations which would make it much easier for you to present on one screen: https://www.slido.com/features-integrations

For any other questions you can also open a chat with us option on the bottom left corner in your admin or our website. Our agents are there live 24/5 during CET timezone. They can also assist you immediatelly with the setup. 

I've created a quiz with multiple choice questions and am rehearsing on my own, in presenter mode but without anyone to answer any questions. Every so often it just randomly stops and reverts to the start screen. Will this happen when I'm doing it for real? It would ruin everything!

Badge

Hey @Catriona this shouldn’t be happening.

In order to test quiz, I’d recommend to join it at least with your smartphone, so you would have at least one participant, and then reset the results.

Can you please reach out to us via chat on slido.com or send us an email to support@slido.com so we can take a closer look on this quiz of yours?

Thank you in advance!

What is the maximum number of participants that can take part in a single quiz?