If the installation of Chrome extensions is blocked for you, it may be caused by the settings set by your administrator who controls which apps or extensions you can install on managed Chrome Browsers or Chrome devices.
If you are not an administrator who manages Chrome, contact your IT Department and ask them to follow one of the guides below.
In this article:
Managing Chrome extensions for Google Workspaces accounts
- Sign in to your Google Admin console
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices
- In the menu, click Chrome and choose Apps & extensions
- To apply the setting to all users and enrolled browsers, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Click the + icon in the down left corner and choose Add it from Chrome Web store
- Search for Slido and choose the Slido extension by clicking the Select button
- If you want to deploy extension to your Google Workspace organization, select Force install in the installation policy section
Managing extensions and apps for Chromebooks
- Follow standard steps to set Chrome policies for one app or extension:
- In your Admin console, go to Devices > Chrome management > App management
- Select Slido
- Select a type of setting, such as User settings or Public session settings
- Select the organization containing the users or enrolled browsers you want to allow or block Slido for.
- Under Allow installation, click to either block or allow the app.
Initially, an organization inherits the settings of its parent. If you're changing a setting for a child organization:
- To override an inherited value, click Override. You can then change the setting.
- To return an overridden setting to the value of its parent, click Inherit.
- Click Save.
Curious about more?