What are Slido event analytics?

• 24 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Slido is gradually rolling out a new user interface. If the below steps and visuals match what you are seeing within your account, then you are using the new interface and this article is for you. If not, please see this version.

Slido event analytics provide an easy way to view and analyze the data collected throughout your Slido event. They help you track participant engagement, discover popular topics, and much more – all in real time.

Use your Analytics to learn what resonates with your audience, create data reports, and compare your events to one another.

In this article:

Access your Analytics

To view your event data:

1. Log in to your Slido account
  2. Select a Slido and click on the Analytics tab

Access your Slido event analytics

If you’re using Multiple rooms, you can choose to view the Analytics for the entire event or filter by a specific room.

Understand your Analytics

At the top of your Analytics tab, you’ll see a general overview covering Engaged participants, Q&A engagement, and Poll engagement.

Engaged participants

This section of your dashboard shows the level of participant engagement for your event overall.

Annotated example of engaged participants analytics

In this example, 7 participants submitted a question, 4 participants upvoted or downvoted a question, 20 participants voted in at least one poll, and 70% of all joined participants engaged with the event in some way.

Q&A engagement

This section of your dashboard shows how participants interacted with the Q&A.

Annotated example of Q&A engagement analytics

In this example, there were 3 anonymous questions and 8 questions in total. There were 0 questions marked as highlighted or answered. There was a total number of 7 upvotes and 0 downvotes. And out of all participants, only 14% engaged with the Q&A.

Poll engagement

This section of your dashboard shows how participants interacted with polls in your event.

Annotated example of poll engagement analytics

In this example, 40% of participants engaged with polls. There were 35 total poll votes in all, with 10 polls receiving at least one vote and 4 votes for each poll on average.

Q&A Insights

This part of the Analytics section shows the most upvoted questions and generates a word cloud of the most popular topics mentioned throughout your Q&A.

Q&A Insights

You’ll also see Question Sentiment analysis. This tells you what percentage of your Q&A questions were identified as positive, negative, or neutral.

Poll Insights

This section allows you to quickly look through all of your poll results.

Poll insights

Share your Analytics

Not only can you download or copy the images from your Analytics, but you can even generate a link to share your Analytics with others.

Download or copy images

Any visual from your Analytics will have a Share option near the top right corner. There you can choose to download the image or copy it to your clipboard.

Download or copy images from your Analytics

If you’d like to send a link to your entire Analytics page (or even just specific sections of it), click on the Share Analytics option. This will open up a sidebar where you can choose what sections to include, decide how long the link should last, and create/copy the link itself.

Create a shareable link for your Analytics

Remember that you can also Export your Analytics with any paid plan.

Co-hosts will also have access to Event Analytics.

Curious about more?

9 replies

Hello,

I’m putting together some quizzes in Slido to use as part of some online training. I’m on a ‘Basic’ level account, meaning that each quiz is held in a separate event due to the 1 quiz per event limit. As I develop the questions to fine-tune the wording and time limits, I’m doing some ‘dummy runs’ with a colleague and/or myself on my phone.

The problem I’m running into is that each time I do one of these dummy runs through the quiz, my number of participants (as assessed in the analytics information for participants and polls) increases even after resetting the quiz poll item. This means that each event/quiz will show a several ‘fake’ inactive participants in the analytics afterwards compared to the actual number of participants.

The only way of resetting this participant count that I can figure out is to duplicate my event and delete the original (which will then break any guest collaborator links). Can anyone recommend how to reset the participants/other analytics history for an event?

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @StuartBarlow,

At the moment, there is no way to reset the participant count in event analytics. The only way to get a ‘clean’ participant count is to duplicate the event, as you mention.

If you’re worried about crossing the participant limit, our events allow for up to 10% above the limit so if you have a couple of ‘fake’ participants that cross the limit, you will be fine :)

Hope this helps :)

Wow. This is hugely important to know if you’re continually prepping and testing an “event” before you actually roll it out, this means you need to specifically create a new event for you go live. It also means that you may want to create separate “events” if you’re delivering the event in different locations to keep that data segregated?

Glad I stumbled on this one.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Back_that_SaaS_Up,

Yes, if you would like completely clean analytics, then you would need to create your event, test it, duplicate it and run the duplicate Slido during the real event.

However, polls and Q&A can be reset and when you do this, analytics are reset as well. The only metric you can’t reset is participant count. However, since our events allow for up to 10% above the participant limit, there’s no need to worry if you have a couple of ‘fake’ participants that cross the limit.

Hope this helps!

Hello, we have been using slido for the last year, and after each 3 months we reflect on our results.

As an example we always lead our meetings with the question “who was your hero of the week?”, so our focus is to identify who was selected the most as the hero of the week during a 3 months period.

Is there any easy way to do it? we currently have to get into each slido event, then go to analytics and review the data one by one.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @David Spindola ,

Are you using a different event for each time you ask this question? Or are you using separate polls in one single event each time?

I think if you were to use 1 Event, and ask this question multiple times (you can duplicate your poll) with the same poll type/question and then exporting the analytics you could count up each “hero’s” votes a bit easier as we dont have an automated way to find an average or leaderboard winner of multiple polls at this time.

Let me know if this would work for you.

Best,

Thanks Carly, is not the best solution, but still an improvement. I will submit the feedback to get this as an enhancement. 👍🏽

Please indicate who can access event analytics. In our use case, we have a few users managing many Slido events. Ideally, the same guests that we assign to an event could also access the analytics. Even better would be to have them access analytics in a “read-only” mode.

It is not clear from this article what user role can access analytics from a specific event.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Back_that_SaaS_Up

​​​​​​Thanks for pointing this out. The users managing Slido events that have been invited to share access can view analytics in admin. We do not currently have permissions for a read only access. You can share the data report from Analytics with colleagues, which would be read only. 

This would be set up by event, so within the event settings under Shared Access you would need to Add individual collaborators. This means they can only access analytics when an event is shared with them.

I’ve updated the article to reflect this 😊

let me know if you have any more questions!

​​​