Skip to main content

Hi there, I noticed you are scrapping Slido Switcher, so I have a question regarding the integrated Powerpoint for Slido, which I’ve not really used.

I have a Mac and prepare all slides using the Powerpoint app. I have the Slido integration for that, so I’m happy to prepare slides that way.

However, before our events, we are often advised to send the slides to the venue, and run the slides using the venue’s laptop (usually a PC). 

My question is, will Slido work for me, using the integration on a new device, having prepared slides as above. Do I need to download the integration tool on the venue’s Powerpoint app for it to work {which I often cannot do, as there’s IT admins involved in downloading new things to a laptop and the laptop will not belong to me)?

Thanks,

Hey @c_rose ,

Thanks for your question and details on your use case.

The Powerpoint integration must be downloaded onto any device where you are preparing your presentation with Slido and also on any device where you plan to present from using Slido.

You would need to also log into the sidebar on the device you are presenting from for the Slido interactions to activate once you get to those slides in the presentation.

We will pass your feedback along to the team.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,