Cookies are small files stored on your device which are essential for running Slido. If you get a message "Enable cookies" when trying to join a Slido event, it means that 3rd party cookies are blocked in the settings of your internet browser.
Jump into the Privacy settings of your browser to enable storing cookies.
If this is new to you, below are detailed guides on how to enable cookies for some of the major browsers:
Google Chrome for Desktop
- Click the 3 dots in the top-right corner of Chrome, then navigate to Settings
- In the left panel choose Privacy and security and select Cookies and other site data
- Toggle on Allow all cookies. This will enable the cookies
- Refresh the page
Google Chrome (Android app)
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app
- At the top right, tap the three dots and go to Settings
- Tap Site settings and then Cookies
- Turn on Cookies
- Now that you successfully enabled cookies, go back to Slido and refresh the page.
Google Chrome (iOS app)
In Google Chrome app on iPads and iPhones, cookies are automatically turned on and stay on.
Safari (MacOS High Sierra)
- Click Safari in the top left corner of your screen and go to Preferences. Alternatively, hit "Cmd + ,"
- Go to Privacy tab
- Untick the box next to Block all cookies. You have now enabled cookies.
💡If you wish to allow cookies just for Slido, go to Manage website data
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings, then Safari
- Turn off the toggle next to Block All Cookies
- Go back to Slido in Safari and refresh the page.
Internet Explorer 11
- In IE 11, click the gear icon in the top-right corner and select Internet options
- Go to the Privacy tab and click Advanced
- Select Accept for both First-party and Third-party cookies
- Return to Slido and refresh the page.
- In your Firefox, click Tools menu and select Options
- Select Privacy
- From the drop-down menu, select Use custom settings
- Check off Accept cookies from sites to allow for Slido to work properly
- In your browser, click the 3 dots in the top-right corner and select Settings
- In the left panel choose Site permissions and select Cookies and site data
- Toggle on Allow sites to save and read cookie data. This will enable the cookies
- Refresh the page
Curious about more?