Use Slido as a co-host

• 11 April 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Slido is gradually rolling out a new user interface. If the below steps and visuals match what you are seeing, then you are using the new interface and this article is for you. If not, please see this version.

As a co-host, you can help the host with setting up and running a slido. You’re able to create, activate and edit polls, moderate and answer questions, and even access Analytics.

In this article: 

Accept the invitation 

When a host adds you to their slido via shared access, you will receive an email with an invitation link. To accept the invite, click on the green ‘Go to Slido’ button in the email or open the link.

Email invitation to manage a slido

Please note, invitations expire 30 days after receiving the email.

If the link expires, you can reply to the email and request to be added to the slido again. This will connect you to the host.

You can only manage one slido at the time. If you receive invitations to multiple slidos in the same account, the system will prompt you to choose whether you want to keep access to the first one or accept the new invitation. If you were to accept the new invitation, this would mean you would no longer be able to access the older slido.

The prompt users see when invited to multiple slidos

If you already have a Slido account, you'll be asked to log in.

If you are new to Slido, the system will ask you to sign up for a co-host account. Please save your login details because every time you want to access Slido, you will need to log in at www.slido.com

Signing up for a co-host account

Once you’re logged in, you’ll get right into host mode and you can start editing the slido.

Help manage Slido

You can help the host set everything up beforehand and run Slido on the day. Settings are only accessible to the host, but you can request access to them.

Here’s a quick overview of co-host competencies: 

Co-hosts can Co-hosts can’t
  • Activate or edit existing polls

• Create new polls

• Test the slido

• Moderate, answer, label, highlight and delete questions

• Access Analytics and export questions and poll results

• Change the slidos code and dates 

• Access slido settings

• Create, turn on or turn off multiple rooms

• Add branding such as logos or custom background

Managing slido as a co-host

If you try to change the slido name or dates this popup appears:

Co-host Pop-up

FAQs

The Slido host invited me, but I haven’t received the email.
Try checking your spam folder first. If that doesn’t help, or if you experience any other issues, contact us at support@slido.com.

Can I be a co-host in multiple slidos at the same time?
No, you can only be a co-host in one slido at a time. If you accept a co-host invitation to a different one, you will lose access to the previous slido.

You can only manage one slido at the time. If you receive invitations to multiple slidos in the same account, the system will prompt you to choose whether you want to keep access to the first slido or accept the new invitation. If you were to accept the new invitation, this would mean you would no longer be able to access the older slido. A host can add you as a co-host to multiple slidos if both of you are users in the same Slido license. This applies to Professional, Enterprise, and EDU licenses with additional users.

Can I create my own slidos as a co-host?
Yes, just click the Create Slido button and create a Basic account or request to join an already existing organization.

How can I tell which slido I’ve been invited to? I have a few listed in my account.
You can tell you’re a co-host when a slido in your list shows an organization name and a host’s name. Your own slidos will not show either of these.

See your co-host status in Slido

I have lost access to the slido I helped manage as a co-host. What do I do?
The host may have removed you from that particular slido or you lost access because you accepted an invitation to manage a different one. You can ask the host to grant you access again by replying to the original email invitation.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!