Reuse your PowerPoint presentation with Slido

• 18 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you want to use the same PowerPoint presentation with Slido for multiple audiences, you have several options.

Whether you want to clear polling and Q&A after a presentation, compare polling data between different audiences, or add a new slido to the same presentation, we’ve got you covered.

In this article:

Reset your slido in PowerPoint

After testing your presentation with Slido, you might want to clear the testing data to get ready for the actual meeting or event.

To reset your slido:

1. Click on the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Select Reset interactions and confirm

Reset your slido interactions

This will clear all poll responses and archive the Q&A at once. To save the data, export the results before resetting.

Duplicate a slido in PowerPoint

If you’re looking to reuse your presentation with the same set of polls without losing the previous results, we recommend duplicating your slido. This can help you to compare results from recurring sessions such as all hands meetings or monthly pulse surveys.

To duplicate your slido:

1. Click on the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Select Duplicate Slido and confirm

Duplicate a slido

Once the action is confirmed, a brand new slido is automatically created and added to your presentation. You’ll see the same polls and poll slides, but they won’t have any results. The new slido will have a new slido code and dates, and you can use it right away.

The duplicated slido will have its own slido code and be active for 7 days, starting from the date of duplication.

Switch to a different slido in PowerPoint

You can also reuse your PowerPoint presentation with a different slido. Whether you want to link an already existing one or create a new one, you can do so using the Recent Slidos option.

This is especially beneficial for trainers or event hosts who want to reuse a single presentation with multiple audiences – but use different polls each time. 

To switch to a different slido:

1. Click on the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Select Recent Slidos
  3. Choose the slido you want to use or create a new one, then confirm your choice

Switch to using a different slido

Duplicate your presentation

If you ever duplicate your whole PowerPoint presentation, you’ll then have two presentations connected to the same slido. 

If you’re copying and pasting your Slido interaction slides into another presentation, you’ll be able to select the slido you want to link the slides to in the sidebar.

Frequently Asked Questions related to reusing a slido in PowerPoint

• Is it possible to unlink a slido from my PowerPoint presentation so I can add one from a different account?
    This is currently not possible, but there is a workaround. If you copy/paste your non-Slido slides into a new blank presentation, you can then log in to a different account and add a different slido. Do not simply duplicate the presentation as this will not work. 

• Is it possible to copy slides from a presentation shared with you and then create new slides?
    Unfortunately, you can either duplicate the presentation or create a new one, which is a limitation when you’d like to mix and match slides. A workaround could be to copy the content from the slides manually and paste into a new slido created in PowerPoint.

Curious about more?

5 replies

Hi everyone.

I have just set up a powerpoint presentation with some slido word cloud slides embedded into it. I am wanting to run the same presentation at a few different events. How can i set this up so the responses to the questions posed on slido are new for each event and dont show the responses from the other events..?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Steve Broom

You can create a new slido for each event on the go or set them up in advance at slido.com – then simply add the specific one to the presentation.

Here’s how to switch between events in them in Powerpoint: 

1. Open the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Click on Switch session
  3. Select the slido you wish to link with your PowerPoint (Note: if the slido is under a different Slido organization, switch to it first in the upper right corner)

Hope this helped!

Best,

This is really problematic that I can’t unlink a slido account.  If I want to reuse a presentation or if a colleague  wants to share a presentation that I will then take over and use my own slido account, this can’t be done without a ton of manual effort.  And if my colleague is in another part of the world, and not working now?  I am stuck with only a ton of manual work to do.  This seems really user-unfriendly. Even if I try to “switch account” on a copy of the presentation saved to my own computer, it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @MaryM,

This is currently a limitation for the integration. I can recommend 2 possible workarounds: 

• I would recommend distributing a presentation file, before a slido is linked to it. Anyone who needs to use that file could download the file from a cloud drive for example, and then link their own slido to it
  • If you have a good presentation which already has a slido linked to it, while it is impossible to unlink it, you can still create a new presentation file, copy all the content slides from the previous file, and paste them to the new file. That way you can create a new file, with little effort, and no slido will be linked to it. Now you can distribute the file to anyone who needs it.

This is a very time-consuming work around. It’s frustrating and makes me rethink using slido at all.