Skip to main content
Solved

How to use Slido with PowerPoint and Microsoft Teams

This is my first time to use Slido..super excited. I entered my 8 poll questions and then wanted to integrate them into our presentation. We will be using a Teams platform for our event, but we have a PowerPoint presentation to intersperse between the questions...how do I do that?

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Milliegirl,

Welcome to Slido! 🎉🤗

You will first need to download our PowerPoint add-in and connect your Slido event to your presentation. Then you will need to add Slido slides to your presentation. Slido slides can be added to any place in the presentation. I have linked our detailed guides for these steps.

If you wish, you can then add Slido to your MicrosoftTeams meeting via our integration. This integration lets participants vote in polls within Teams. Alternatively, you can ask participants to scan the QR code or use your event code to join Slido and vote in polls via their phones and computers.

When you’re ready to present, all you need to do is share your screen in Teams. When you get to a Slido slide in your presentation, the poll will automatically activate and show up for participants.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi, 

I’ve created a PowerPoint presentation and added 3 slido questions into the presentation. I’m planning to use the PPT in a Microsoft Teams meeting, so I did a practice run. When I used the present in teams option in PowerPoint the slido sections unfortunately didn’t work, they do work when I just use the present mode when I’m not a teams meeting, so I’m not sure if I have missed a step? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks  

Badge

Hey @LindseyLast ,

I’m sorry for the trouble!

But it’s very hard to troubleshoot a thing like this here. 

Can you please reach out to us via email to support@slido.com so we can take a closer look on what is going there? Please also include some screenshots or screen recording as well, if possible. Thank you in advance!

Kindly,

I am having a similar issue where I try to use the “Present in Teams” button on powerpoint, but it will not load a slido poll. It will just show me the image that is in the deck and not link to the website or URL. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @CBarev01 ,

Are you uploading the Powerpoint file to MS teams? Or are you sharing your screen with Powerpoint in Present mode (from powerpoint)?

Slido wont launch if it is part of a Powerpoint that was uploaded as you need to be logged into the Slido integration within Powerpoint for the slides to activate.

Let us know if this helps.

Best,

It is when I use the “Present in Teams” button and go into presenter mode via Teams. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @CBarev01 ,

Could you please watch this video of using Powerpoint in MS Teams with Slido and let me know if following these steps helps?

Best,

This video was very helpful, but did not go over the “Present in Teams” button but rather shared his screen from PowerPoint. The main reason for using the Present in Teams is that it provide me a presenter view of my slideshow while only showing the slideshow and not all my notes and the next slide. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @CBarev01 ,

Yes, you can only use Share Screen for using Powerpoint in MS Teams, uploading does not work.

Is it possible to share your screen with presenter notes on another screen?

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

I do not have a 2nd screen available to me for this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@CBarev01 I would suggest using the Duet app, to be able to see your speaker notes. You can use your Phone or Ipad as a second screen. When I was providing trainings and didnt have another monitor this worked well!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,