Skip to main content
Question

Link to poll shared but not accessible in advance, joining source analytics

Hi Community,

We run a conference with multiple concurrent stages that may have interaction.

When I set up the polls for each stage, and enter the direct link (not the generic event Slido link) to our event app, and this allows participants to access at any time, rather than at set poll date/time or after we activate.

Am I setting this up wrong?

I need to set up and share the links via our event app in advance, but I do not want participants to be able to join/answer before each session takes place.

The other question is, in the analytics, where can I find source of participants who either joined by scanning the Slido qr code, or if they joined via the link shared on our event app?

Best,

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @EHsu 

when you embed Slido into event app by using the permanent link - it works immediately and it is not possible to launch Slido only when a poll is enabled. However if you disable polls and you also close Q&A your participants should not be able to interact with Slido at all they would only see Slido.

For the second question it is not possible to know what was the way your participants joined. 

Please let me know if I can help with any other questions. 
Kindly

Thank you Ondrej, could you clarify where I’m able to get the direct link to each stage / session poll set up (not the generic event Slido link)?

I understand polls/QA can be enabled/disabled overall but not per stage or session is that correct?