Skip to main content

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can remove the “Join” info bar in presentation mode?

I don’t think this type of information (which is easily shared via any chat or meeting initiation) is worthy of persisting in any capacity, let alone ~a third of the screen estate.

Hey @slidopersom ,

Thanks for your feedback!

You can disable the QR code option from the Settings of your slido > Customization > Present mode > Join with QR code

If you were wanting all of the joining instructions to be removed this is a backend customization we can apply if you are on an upgraded plan. Please reach out to support@slido.com and we can remove the joining instructions.

This will not remove the sidebar space though, it will only remove the text from there.

We will pass this feedback to the team for future consideration as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Hi @Carly from Slido 

That setting doesn’t seem to remove the side panel when in “Presentation” mode.

AmI missing something?

Thanks,

N

Hello @slidopersom 

This is Ondrej now. The side panel cannot be removed but the joining instructions can be hidden. In case you would want to hide the instructions you would need to approach our support@slido.com team who can apply a customisation to your event. However as Carly mentioned the side panel would still be located there. 

Kindly

Thanks @Ondrej from Slido - how long it would it take to hide the joining instructions for our instance?

Thanks,

N

Hello @slidopersom,

every customisation request can take up to 7 days. So it could be from a few hours up to 7 days. It all depends on the workload of the team that manages these requests. 

Kindly

Let me weigh in. It would be really great if one could choose on a case-by-case basis to hide the panel with login information on the left to give more space to the actual questions. Also it would be great if font size could be managed to facilitate the full display of complex, longer questions (shouldn’t be impossible to implement, should it?).

Best, jd

Hello @jonasd 

thanks for your ideas for the improvement. I understand that this would be very valuable and your insights will be forwarded to our product team for future consideration. 

Kindly