Add branding and custom colors to your event

• 24 August 2020
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Uploading your own logo and colours to both Participant and Present mode allows you to customize the look of your event and match it with your branding. It's also possible to display partner or sponsor logos in Present mode.

Available in our Professional plan and higher.

In this article:

Add logos

Whether you’re running a team meeting, town hall or a big conference, you can brand your event with a logo. To give exposure to your sponsors or partners, you can also upload theirs.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Customization
  3. Upload your picture in Branding

We recommend using an aspect ratio of 1.15 : 1 for the event logos. A great example would be an image 250 px wide and 217 px high.

file.php?view=Y&file=5tcif0szpn2pojl741r6xdq2k2o1zknl.gif

You can choose to hide or display the white background behind your logo. This works only for transparent pictures.

Partner and sponsor logos

You can add more than one partner or sponsor logo. All uploaded pictures will rotate at the bottom of Present mode:

file.php?view=Y&file=dd14opp5erebqttvwdorccz88n3bodot.gif

Pro tip: Ask your design team to create a banner with a white background and multiple logos aligned on it, that you can upload in branding settings. 

Recommended aspect ratios and size of the banner:

• For 4:3 banner with resolution of 922 : 178 px / size should be 5.15 (W) to 1 (H)
  • For 16:9 banner with resolution of 1732 : 178 px / size should be 9.73 (W) to 1 (H)

This space is also a great way of sharing information with your audience - be it WiFi instructions or disclaimers.

Here's how it displays in Present mode:

file.php?view=Y&file=8fsodrtghagya0bccvtj6psr2y3oh89x.png

Partner and sponsor logos will be displayed in Present mode only. 

Add custom colors and background to Present mode

Visuals are powerful. Choose a colour theme from our Gallery or select your own. You can use a color code or simply pick a color from the palette:

1. In Customization, select Present mode - Custom
  2. Enter your colors
  3. Upload your own image if preferred

file.php?view=Y&file=34zfkr7p3jobhy0gae0tk2ajxihaqoxm.gif

This is what the customized Present mode looks like on the screen:

file.php?view=Y&file=xshc0iqgqff1bmg4vlnkzf8nb0gcj50d.gif

Customize Participant mode

To adjust the look of the event for your participants:

1. In Customization, select Participant mode
  2. Enter your colors
  3. Enable Welcome screen for additional logo exposure

file.php?view=Y&file=26wz9ymj2qkw0kpkvvvorzhufo4ticwd.gif

Welcome screen appears after your participants enter the event code. Open the incognito mode in your browser to test how it displays in case you tested your event as a participant before you enabled it in settings. 

This is how branding applies to Participant mode:

file.php?view=Y&file=qqht4sx613yjsfo8yq8fjkbx5bgnvzjw.png file.php?view=Y&file=x0ftxew1b700vnnuyx3vrkdqjuh1zien.png
file.php?view=Y&file=0vxkfg1leq9v404nrqvq2n3vq9agkzrl.png file.php?view=Y&file=wfy8sz97ij9hj58zkeiaw4iyqqc65hbz.png

Useful tips:

Tip 1: Test your event right from your Admin

Click the Participant mode button on the left to interact with your event as a participant directly from the Admin mode. You can test your polls, pre-seed questions and see all the functionality in action.

You can open the Present mode on another tab or on another computer to see the changes live as you would during the live event.

file.php?view=Y&file=tgg8eela9m5n2onmwgkcwh5s5l9uh0h4.gif

Tip 2: Change the number of Questions displayed in Present mode

If you'd like to display more questions, disable Latest question, or show only one question in Present mode, you can do so in the Audience Q&A section in Customization - Present mode.

Tip 3: Share files with your participants

If you'd like to share event materials with your participants for them to open in their devices, save them online to drive or on your website, and add the links in the Participant mode part in Customization settings.

Tip 4: Using Dark mode

A current limitation to consider if you are using custom colors is that this will not show if your Slido is set to dark mode.

Curious about more?

22 replies

I’d like to change in black colour of the event in teams, how to do it ?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Anne_F - Could you please confirm where would you like to change the colour?

Before a meeting, in Teams Calendar, Slido host view is currently in a light mode only, but we will add dark mode in the future.

During a meeting, Slido app is only in dark mode, considering the Teams Meeting window is only in dark mode too.

Hey, it would be useful if it was possible to save the customization as template. We want to have all the Slido events look the same colour-wise and it is extra work to change the colour schemes and logos manually every single time.
If it is already possible, please let me know, maybe I just haven’t found it :smile:
Thank you!:v_tone1:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Klára

Although it’s currently not possible to save the color customization as a template, let me share two workarounds with you: 

1. Duplicating your event will duplicate the whole event including color settings and logos. 

2. Adding company logo on the account level - once you upload your logo into Organization settings, all events created under your account after this change will have the logo added by default. There is also an option to select from our default Present mode themes, however, it does not support custom colors and backgrounds yet. 

Hope this helps. Happy to answer any follow up questions you may have!

--
Dáša

Hi! I just tried the live feed option and it works really nice on mobile, desktop, tablets… The only thing I wished we had is a bit more customization for the participants view. Just a background or to have large logo. :)

Can the partnership logos be displayed in participant mode in a mobile device? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Moy

It is possible! Since it’s a customization, you will need to reach out to our Customer Care team at support@slido.com and they can set it up for you. 

Here’s an example event, to see what it will look like :)

We recently changed our company brand and unified colors and logo across group. 

Is it possible to create new custom corporate theme which would be used on all new created events? I do not see that option now in org-wide settings, only to choose from existing themes. On level of each event we are able to change to custom for sure but it makes things more complicated for our event creators all the time to choose right colors and uploading the background image for each event. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @DaveChomi

You can learn more about customizing your event to add brand and custom colours, but if you wanted something more customizable to see if your request is possible, I would recommend reaching out to our support team at support@slido.com

Thanks! 

Is it possible to copy an Event /Poll/ Survey/ Quiz?

Thanks!

can the white backround on a polling slide, the one that has the question and answers on it, be made transparent

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @TanjaDE

You absolutely can! 

You can duplicate your event, and Polls,Surveys and quizzes. You can open a new event you want to copy the poll into and then access the poll from your templates. 

To do so: 

1. Open the (new) event you want your poll to be duplicated to
  2. In Live Polls tab, go to Poll Templates
  3. In the drop-down, click My previous polls
  4. Select your poll or search for it and hit Use template button on the right

Edit your poll if necessary and click Save

Hope this helps! ​​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @hpydawg

This isn’t something we can do, however, we do have other options available for you to add branding and customize your events

Hope this helps!

Hello,

how can we set our university logo for all our users as default events logo?

Thanks for your help,

Gabriele from Turin University

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Gabriele Turin University

To add logos and customizations to your event, you can: 

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Customization
  3. Upload your picture in Branding

Hope this helps,

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Hi, @Cori from slido ,

thanks for your kind reply, but my question was a bit different.

I know how to set a custom image, but what I was trying to ask was:

I would like all our users to have our university logo set by default as the backgrond image of their Slido events, is this possible?

Thanks for your help,

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Gabriele Turin University,

At the moment, you cannot set the same background image for all users, but you can make the university logo appear in the top left corner of all events for all users.

If you are the account owner, you can set this up in organization settings.

Does that help? :)

Hi @Meggie from Slido 

thank you very much for your answer!
We will try to follow these instructions to set up our logo in the top left corner of all events.

--

Hi,

Did you remove the branding option from the Engage package? I used it last time and now I cannot.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Anais Brizard

Do you have the event code for the past event where you used this?

Customization and branding has not been available on our Engage plan even previously so would love to take a look. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Hi regarding the Recommended aspect ratios and size of the banner:

• For 4:3 banner with resolution of 922 : 178 px / size should be 5.15 (W) to 1 (H)
  • For 16:9 banner with resolution of 1732 : 178 px / size should be 9.73 (W) to 1 (H)

May I know what is the Width (px) x Height (px) I should put to maximise the entire banner space? 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @nawee ,

Thanks for your question.

We don’t have a dimension that would solve this, but you can remove the white background on the logo by: Clicking in the event settings > Customization > Branding > Partner logos > Toggle off the "Logo background.

Let us know if this helps!

Best,