Skip to main content
Question

People choice voting poll

How can you limit participants to a single responses using SLIDO?  We don't want people to be able to vote multiple times.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @jchickarello 

in case you mean that someone can use multiple devices or an incognito mode for voting multiple times then you can set a restricted access which would verify each user via their e-mail. They would receive a PIN code that would need to be entered to Slido. This works in case your participants are using similar or the same e-mail domains. 

Another alternative is setting up Google SSO or company SAML login for participants. This works in case your participants are from the same organisation. 

Please let me know in case you would have any additional questions.
Kindly

Allow me to provide some background...we do an event where we have 10 presentations and we want the audience to vote, using their cell phones accessing SLIDO using the QR code, for the best presentation.  We setup the 10 presentation options beforehand.  In our first attempt using SLIDO, people voted multiple times from the same cell phone device and the results were invalid.  We only want each device to vote a single time.  Can this be done using SLIDO?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @jchickarello 

If you used multiple choice poll then voting from one device multiple times is possible via incognito view as I mentioned above. That is basically opening a new browser which for Slido looks like a new device. 

The only option for preventing these multiple votes are the ones that I mentioned. If a user is verified via their e-mail then they would only be able to vote once. 

Another alternative is activating the poll only for a minute or two which would decrease the chance for participants to vote multiple times. 

I would like the participant to vote but not see the updated results?  I have tried turning off live scoring, but that makes it seems to nullify the ability to vote at all.  Is there a way to allow voting, but not show the live results after they vote?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @jchickarello ,

You should be able to click “hide results” which will allow participants to submit a response without seeing the results.

Let us know if this is not working for you or if you have any other questions.

Best,