Activate multiple polls at the same time

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Slido is gradually rolling out a new user interface. If the below steps and visuals match what you are seeing within your account, then you are using the new interface and this article is for you. If not, please see this version.

Sometimes it can be useful to activate more than one poll at the same time. There are a couple of ways to do this and this guide explains them both.

How to activate multiple polls at the same time:

Use a survey

Available with any paid plan

Creating a survey allows you to group together multiple poll questions and activate them all at once.

1. Click the + Add new button and select Survey
  2. Give your survey a name 
  3. Add your poll questions

Create a survey

Whenever you activate your survey, participants will be presented with all questions at the same time. After they’ve answered everything, they’ll submit all responses with just one click.

If you’re using Present mode, you’ll only be able to display one poll question at a time.

Use Multiple rooms

Available in Professional and higher plans

To activate more poll questions at the same time, you can create a separate room for each poll or survey.

1. Create your Multiple rooms within Settings
  2. Create and activate polls in each room
  3. Encourage participants to answer the polls in each room

Participants can then switch between your different rooms and respond to your polls. See the participant experience below.

Participant experience switching between different rooms

Pro tip: Gather feedback throughout by creating a special room to use exclusively for a feedback survey.

Curious about more?

8 replies

Hello, 

Is it possible to create polls outside of a survey that are all within one presentation and the participants can click between polls on their own screen? I thought I had seen this before but I’m not able to recreate it. I don’t want to use the survey option because participants can’t enter multiple answers.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @TrupLD,

If you don’t want to use a survey, you can create multiple rooms and run different polls in each room. Participants will then be able to move between the rooms and answer polls.

Could you share your use case? I’m curious what you mean by this:

I don’t want to use the survey option because participants can’t enter multiple answers.

Hope this helps! :)

We operate in a highly regulated environment and want multiple users to be able to separately run predefined polls/quizzes based on accessing controlled content which cannot be edited by these users.  Does anyone know whether Slido can support this type of Use Case?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Douglas Neill

When guests/collaborators are invited to moderate events within Slido, they have full rights to edit any polls and create new ones, however, they will not be able to edit the event settings. 
Based on this, I don’t believe Slido can support this use case. 

If you’re happy for users to be able to edit these polls, then Slido makes it very easy to invite users and guests to collaborate on your events 

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with! 

Best,

I want to run a poll with multiple choice answers, where we ideally can see the data live by team? Would this be achieved via a multiple answers poll or do I need to ask a which team question before and wait until after and export the data?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @NickPG13,

I hope I understand the use case. If you want to see multiple choice answers divided per team then you may have two options. One is that you would ask which team they are going to represent and then you would ask the multiple choice and export the data as you suggested. Second would be using multiple-rooms feature. Each room would represent each team and inside of the room there would be the same poll. Your participants would have to choose correct room and then you could display the results per room. 

After dividing the polling in multiple rooms is it possible to have results both by room and in total?

Badge

Hey @EB-THR,

Once you create multiple rooms, you will be able to see analytics separately for each room, but you can also change the view to “all rooms” on top left under your Event Analytics.

Is this what you’re looking for?