Slido for PowerPoint is a new integration that we announced on Oct 1, 2020. This article includes the current list limitations that we’re updating regularly.
Are you experiencing an issue? Check the minimum requirements and the Troubleshooting Slido for PowerPoint article to fix it.
In this article:
Here's a list of limitations to keep in mind when using Slido for PowerPoint:
- Swapping screens in Presenter view - Using the swap screen feature in Presenter view will not correctly display the Slido screen. You will need to move your PowerPoint window to the screen where you want the slideshow to appear.
- Slido polls won’t load if you add Music to your slides and set it to play automatically when the slide is shown.
- PowerPoint Online and Viewer - The online and viewer version of PowerPoint are not currently supported. You won’t find the Slido button in the menu there.
- Zoom controls - When displaying the results of polls or participant questions, the Zoom control bar disappears. It will reappear once you leave the Slido slide.
- Sharing PowerPoint on Microsoft Teams - When sharing screen on Teams, select the PowerPoint app or Desktop. The option to share the PowerPoint file directly through Teams with PowerPoint Live is not supported.
- Authenticated proxy - If you corporate network requires to use proxy with authentication we currently does not support this setup.
- OpenDocument Presentation files (.odp) are not supported.
- Sharing a presentation with Slido polls and saving it on flash drives is only possible if it is then opened on a computer with the add-in installed.
- Multiple Rooms functionality - with multiple rooms, you can only present one room at a time. You can pair one room in one presentation, allowing you to pick a room and change the room. If you decide to switch a room through a session, your Slido slides will disappear and you will need to assign polls from a new room that you just connected.
It is currently not possible to unlink a Slido event from the Powerpoint presentation, but you can reuse the event or add a new session to your presentation.
Your computer has to meet the following minimum requirements for you to be able to use our PowerPoint integration:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 and later
- Windows 10 21H1
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
For more detailed information check System requirements.
You will no longer be able to install Slido for PowerPoint on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 due to a security update. If you’re an existing user and running operating system with outdated settings, we’ll let you know through a notification popup.
Unsupported Slido features
Some of the Slido features that can't be used with our PowerPoint integration:
- Ideas - Slido Ideas are currently not supported by Slido for PowerPoint
Curious about more?
Is survey poll supported in Slido for PowerPoint beta?
Looks like that only the title of survey poll will be displayed in PowerPoint but not the survey questions or results. Please kindly share the insights if this is a known limitation or if there is a solution to this already. Thanks!
Yes, surveys are supported in Slido for Powerpoint. You are right that when you are presenting in Powerpoint, you will see the survey title first. To see the results, you then need to either click on the slide or press an arrow key. This will show the results of individual questions in the survey. Here is a short video which illustrates how it works.
I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any questions.
@Maggie from Slido
Thanks for sharing this info. I’m currently trying to make this work, and all that happens is the presentation moves to the next slide. It doesn’t look like what you have linked to in the video. Instead I have a splash screen that says “ⓘ Start presenting to display the poll results on this slide.” while I’m presenting… could you offer any insight here, please?
Just jumping in for Maggie :)
It seems like this problem requires a bit of troubleshooting, which is much easier through either opening a chat (available Mon-Fri), or emailing this thread to email@example.com and our Customer Care team can assist you faster.
Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with in the meantime!
Thank you very much! I’ve reached out to support and it appears, as I’m using a work laptop, that my “Proxy Authentication” hasn’t been changed to allow Slido to operate properly. I’m waiting for IT to make the necessary changes.
Thank you so much for posting an update here as well! Hope it’ll be all fixed for you soon :)
Hi, I have a presentation to give that I want to use a Slido poll embedded in to the slide deck. The venue have asked that I run the deck from their own PC which doesn’t have the Slido extension on Powerpoint. Will I still be able to run the slide as normal or will I need to switch out of Powerpoint and run the poll through a browser?
That’s right. if the venue are not able to download the Slido extension for you to use, you would need to switch out of PowerPoint and run a remote session in slido without a presentation.
Let me know if you have any more questions!
Windows security controls are enforced in my company. These controls block processes created by Office applications.
In this way, the Slido plugin inserted in powerpoint files is blocked.
This only happens on company PCs and not on personal ones.
Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?
If you need more details on our company security systems, we are available for a private contact.
I think the best thing to do here is reach out to our customer care team for assistance. They will be able to look into this a bit deeper for you, regarding your companies set up.
It does sound like this would be something you would need to address with your IT/Windows admin at your organization, but we’d be happy to take a look.
You can reach out on our live chat or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope this helps!
Are there any limits on how many users can interact with questions or polls on Slido for PowerPoint?
We have limitations whilst using PowerPoint with Slido but for your users/participants, it depends on your Slido plan. For example, if you are on the Slido basic plan, the limit would be 100 users.
Hope this helps!